Several Titans back in Washington state

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

SEATTLE Quarterbacks Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker aren’t the only Titans back in Washington state for a homecoming here on Saturday night.

Safety Jordan Babineaux played for the Seahawks from 2004-2010, guard Steve Hutchinson played for the Seahawks from 2001-05 and defensive coordinator Jerry Gray spent the 2010 season with Seattle.

Several members of the team’s front office – COO Mike Reinfeldt, GM Ruston Webster and Vice President of Personnel Lake Dawson also previously worked for the Seahawks as well. So did recently hired scout Tim Ruskell.

“It’s a great place to play, and I know I enjoyed my time there,’’ Babineaux said. “It’s a great atmosphere, and it can be a hostile environment.”

Hasselbeck played from 2001-2010 with Seattle. Locker played at the University of Washington is from nearby Ferndale, Washington. Also, tackle Michael Roos played at Eastern Washington, and receiver Devin Aguilar played at the University of Washington.

“I have some great memories there,’’ Hasselbeck said. “At the same time, I’m thankful for the opportunity to go back. It should be fun.”

Locker, for one, was inundated with ticket requests for tonight’s game against the Seahawks.

By week’s end, he quit giving out tickets, and just gave out advice.

“I told them … it is probably better to just go on StubHub, you guys take care of it,’’ Locker said. “Because that’s a lot of tickets to try and coordinate.”

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar