Several Titans Have Much to Gain or Lose as Camp Opens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i have to say odom really let me down last year. he was unblockable in the preseason. i thought he was going to have double digit sacks.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

My only real disappointment from our DEs last season was that KVB had two sacks taken away by penalties against the Colts. Those would have been nice, it sucks when they're negated.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

am i the only one who doesnt see this on the front page?

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

How much more do you want!! :winker:

I just want another season like that last.

Let's just hope the kids improve.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

don't ruin my dreams so early in the day.

6. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

okay you're right but im a little misunderstood there, what im really aiming at is i REALLY hope that he doesn't drop off, i want him to go out and show everyone it wasn't a fluke. That what i really mean

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That sounds much better. :winker:

8. Nine

Nine Starter

I think a lot of people are underestimating the impact of KVB's influence on his teammates.

In camp last year, teammates watched him with an almost bemused fascination. "Doesn't this guy realize it's just training camp? He's gonna wear himself out before preseason is over." Of course, when all was said and done, KVB was the one guy who showed up strong week in and week out, while the other guys struggled to keep up.

After his success last year, VandenBosch is clearly one of the most respected team leaders this year. I believe the entire D-line will follow his example, and dive headfirst into his relentless, nonstop work ethic. LaBoy bought into it last year, and it showed in his play over the last half of the season. Just imagine what will happen when the rest of the guys follow suit....Odom could become another Simeon Rice. Haynesworth has had stretches of dominance....if he could do it consistently, he'd be a shoo-in for the Pro Bowl. Guys like Starks and Mahelona have plenty of potential....KVB's influence could transform them into absolute beasts.

These younger players have now seen firsthand the kind of drive and commitment it takes to succeed in the NFL, courtesy of Kyle VandenBosch. The ball is in their court now....they can get with the program, or they can be replaced. And I have a sneaking suspicion what their choice will be.

9. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I really hope you are right, nine. Odom and Haynesworth in particular would REALLY benefit from this . Starks would too, to a lesser degree. All three have enormous potential. The real knock on each of them is drive, not ability. If KVB infects this young group of DLs, this team will explode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar