Several Titans involved in pot investigation

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

"Well, at least they’re not buying steroids." :ha:

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wait, NFL players smoking marijuana?? suuurely not.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The weed's too strong chief! The spirits have got me!

4. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

5. As long as it's the good stuff... :ha:

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Why do they waste money drug testing players, when they can obviously beat the test anyway?

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Hoffa, guys aren't tested on a regular basis unless they are in the NFL drug program. You get in the program by being tested. You get a random test every blue moon.

So, basically, if you cleaned up enough to make it through being drafted, show a good work ethic to your coach and teammates, appear to be a responsible citizen, you stay under the testing radar.

I'm stunned at the guys I know who do blaze. This story is suspect. Most players send one of their boys to actually buy the product. I'm sure there were some thirsty dude-groupies who called himself stunting and dropped his boy's name.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Glad this is a drug issue...I was wondering just how many football players are really necessary to inspect a saucepan.

Charlie?

Charlie?

CHARLIE!!!

:rimshot:

Thanks, Charlie....

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Schwartz clearly smokes pot at half time.:suspect:

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I have no reason not to believe the drug dealer. I think if you listen to nba players, and nfl players, you realize very quickly that marijuana is part of the culture and there are not only users, but lots of them. It would not surprise me at all if lots of Titans were aquiring marijuana from some american gangsters. Players get sloppy. Even if they send their friends most times, there will be sloppy moments, and there will be a trail when it all comes out. Michael Vick is a perfect example of a high profile athlete getting sloppy with his marijuana. He just got lucky in that regard. Whatever happens to us happens. But I see this story as totally believeable. And I think there are a lot of teams this could, and will happen too. The NBA is more at risk than anyone. But the NFL is not immune. It will be embarassing to the Titans, but this was a long time coming in my opinion. If it isn't us, it will be someone, eventually, because this is one of those things that the leagues are aware of, but do nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar