Shanahans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Wow their offense looks really fun and creative! This is the stuff we need to do for Locker, but I guess it's all centered around a strong running game. Could CJ be the that guy?

But really, this thread is about Mike and Kyle shanahan and their disciples like in Houston and the way they run the ball and move the passing pocket.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

#1: Locker isn't the same level of athlete as RG3
    #2: We don't have the OL for that
    #3: DCs will start to figure it out, I just hope RG3 can adjust... which he should be able to

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

RG3 is a world class athlete.

Locker is a mobile QB, big difference.

Huge fan of RG3, he is going to be exciting to watch for a long time.

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Locker is nowhere near the passer RG3 is when it comes to accuracy. He has a hard time hitting receivers in stride and putting it on the outside shoulder where its supposed to be on most of our deep passes. He is a spot passer. If you rewatch Locker's games he usually complete the comeback routes and curls

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I disagree with all of you. I agree that Locker isn't as fast as RG3, but just as athletic. Second, the offense Locker is in right now calls for much more difficult throws than RG3, take last night as a prime example......how many difficult throws did RG3 have? None, simple easy reads with guys running wide open based on play action or multiple action run game.

It's the same way with Schaub in Houston, he's not athletic at all, but yet he's always outside of the pocket hitting TEs and WRs that are wide open based on run action, that's what I'm talking about.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. xpmar9x

You're flat out insane if you think Locker is on the same level of an athlete as RG3:

RG: 4.41 40, 39" vert, 10'00'' Broad Jump - World class hurdler, 2nd best 300M hurdle (in HS)
    JL: 4.50 40, 35" vert, 9'07" Broad Jump - Baseball Star

I'm not saying JL isn't athletic, but he's not on the same level as RG3. Locker has the same athletic ability of an Aaron Rodgers/Donovan McNabb. RG3 has Mike Vick speed/athleticism.

Like 3 difficult throws. But, why make the difficult throws when you don't have too? Redskins were in the game, they didn't have to toss the ball around trying to catch up --- we normally do. JL consistently struggles in the short passing game, can't place the ball perfectly. Did you watch the RG3 vs Cowboys Thanksgiving game... he had multiple PERFECT balls. Like the one to Santana Moss, wow.

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

RG3 gets guys WIDE OPEN more than I see any Qb get in the league get. I am sure part of it is due to his athleticism, and part due to the design of the offense, but a lot of his throws I could make with guys that wide open.

I have also seen RG3 throw passes way behind guys, but his WRs make a great catch. Then every one says "wow RG3 is so great" ... Locker throws a pass slightly behind a guy, but still very catchable and it gets dropped. Then everyone says "Not the WRs fault, Locker didn't throw a perfect pass" ... you have to judge these guys the same way. You cant just look at the end result of the play.

Same with the fumble last night. RG3 gets a big run, but fumbles at the end, but it just happens to bounce into the hands his team mate and he takes it for a TD. One commentator says "thats just the magic of RG3" ... Locker fumbled on a big run sunday too. But since the other team got the ball, people act like he is a terrible player ... Both Qbs made the same mistake. You can't say that its ok for RG3 just because it ended well. There is just a good of a chance that it pops straight into a defenders hands and goes the other way for a TD.

Point is they both have made bad passes, the both have made great passes. Locker just gets a lot of dropped balls though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm no longer a fan of Mike Shanahan, but I like how his son calls games. I've been hoping we could steal him away from his dads teams for a long time now, but the only way might be to offer him a HC job.

Having RG3 also helps.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Ok, RG3 is faster and has a better broad jump, BFD! I'm not taking anything away from RG3, I think he's awesome, but my point is that Jake could run the same offense without limitations. I just don't know if CJ could.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xpmar9x

Part of RG3 is the threat he puts on the defense. They always have to have a DE or LB spy him, thus helping his receivers. Look at when they were in the bone, like every play they had a DE watching RG3, a LB watching the end around, plus a TE/FB in the backfield chipping a DE, someone watching Alfred.. all set up by RG3 deciding in 2 seconds if he's passing, running, or handing the ball off. It's deadly.

RG3 still has bad throws, but so does every QB. With his Vick like athleticism and above average arm.. it makes him DEADLY. He needs to stop taking hits though.

Kyle Shanahan for HC.. interesting JCBRAVE

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar