"Sharpe Has Injury Similar To Dodd's" -- Kuharsky

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

yea lets judge players off 1 season of production.... what happened to letting players develop. Tajae could get worse, yet he could also get quicker and faster. Same with every other player recently drafted. Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick and he's a top 3 WR now. Not saying Tajae is anywhere close to Antonio Brown, but he can develop into a really good player his 4th or 5th year.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Nope you completely missed the point. It doesn't matter about how many opportunities he gets. It's what he does with them. Sharpe got an insane amount of snaps for a rookie period. And he did very little. I'm not even saying Sharpe is a bust. I'm saying his rookie year was underwhelming and he shouldn't be a starting WR right now.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

....and I'm confused because I only see 1 WR ahead of Sharpe worth a damn on this list. The rest aside from AJ are you classic cases of underachievers.

#103 PRAY IV M3RCY, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm delusional. While you ignore all logic and stats.

h'okay buddy....

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Very well said

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Wright almost had 1000 yds as a rookie, DGB showed some flashes and ended the year very very well and was being touted as a guy gonna take the next big step. Matthews was coming off a solid year in Miami and was gonna get lots of time. AJ was still AJ and many thought he still had enough in the tank. Douglas, was slot insurance.

So, again, tell me what's not to like with getting the production we did from 5th round rookie Tajae Sharpe? Was he an All-Pro? No. Did anyone claim he would be or say he was? No. Did all you guys get caught up in the preseason hype and this is your comedown? FAUCK YES!

7. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

I was a believer in Sharpe but after all the snaps. Defenses getting tape on him. He fell off. Like a drug dealers plug that went to jail.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

We are talking about the beginning of the 2016 season right? If so Wright was injured most of the off-season. DGB was making mental mistakes in practice that eventually got him booted to Philly in a trade. Hunter was repeatedly being challenged by the coaching Staff. Douglas was fighting for a roster spot. AJ was way past his prime and came into camp late. Mathews was relatively an unknown. McBride was fighting to avoid the practice squad. Hardly an inspiring group.

Not only did we buy into the preseason hype but apparently so did the coaches because they put him in the starting lineup. He was treated like a WR1/ WR2 throughout the entire season. I don't care that he was a 5th round pick. Since he was inserted into the starting lineup I wanted to see him make a difference. He did not.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Oh, now you wanna talk about players being difference makers? We have enough of those not coming from Vets or free agent signings, to single out a 5th round rookie WR is pretty lame.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I look forward to hearing your thoughts as the season progresses on Big Sly Williams/Cyprien/Jayon Brown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar