Rumor Shawn Jefferson no longer with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Starter

I get that. I'm just saying Kendall had a pretty impressive rookie season too. I believe he had 600 some odd yards. Wright will spend his career underrated.
  2. steverife

steverife Starter

I think that is what makes it worse. You think he is figuring out what he needs to be a pro, then he does something dumb, gets suspended, and then makes zero impact the last 2 games.

...and he didn't have back to back 100 yard games. He had a Colts no show in between.
  3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Ah, forgot that Colts game. I've heard others say he had back to back 100 yard games. Should've double checked that.
  4. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Don't know what will happen with Jefferson, I just hope whoever we bring in to run the offense realizes that Wright is a great weapon that needs to be involved every series. If Hunter can develop into the type of player he has the potential to be, our receiving core will be nasty.
  5. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

It probably will be, but if a coach wants to keep them, they can under the original contract rather then firing them, paying them out and then rehiring them.
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Some of you guys are being a tad harsh on Justin Hunter, not only is he a rookie in the NFL but because of his torn ACL in 2011 he has a lot less snaps at a higher competition level than any of the other rookies. Freshman year, 2 games his sophomore year, and then played full season his junior year. He's still getting the hang of things and how many rookie WR actually make that big of an impact anyway? Keenan Allen and Cordarrelle Patterson are the only 2 that come to mind and the latter has made more of an impact on special teams I believe (it's late, I'm not looking up stats).

As for Jefferson, hopefully he comes back. Hunter improved as the season went on and Wright is developing into one of the best WRs in the NFL. Hopefully the new guy will retain him, all the team can do until then is just suggest which coaches to bring back.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I agree. Hunter still had 4 TDs, only 18 catches, but had very limited snaps. I will admit, trading up for him was likely stupid - as we really need that 3rd rounder now. Regardless, he has the ability to be a dominant force.

Just look at Hunter vs Alshon Jeffrey (both 2nd rounder) rookie years:
    Jeffrey: 24 rec, 367 yards, 3 TDs
    Hunter: 18 rec, 354 yards, 4 TDs

Then Alshon exploded for a 89 rec, 1421 yards, and 7 TD sophomore season. I believe Hunter can do the same thing.
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

I was dissappointed with KWs rookie season

8000 5 yard hooks with 0 YAC is nothing to be pleased with

I realize it was a substitute for :cj: 's woeful run efforts, but it was what it was