Shiz and giggles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

OK. So I was looking up at the scoreboard and seeing that we were making NO adjustments toward the end of the 3rd quarter.

Was I alone in thinking that this would be a good time to throw a game changing wrinkle into the plan by INSERTING VINCE?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you're not alone.

but i can see why we didn't do it. vince has finally faded to the background, unless he's going to be the starter, there's no reason to bring him back into the picture and be a distraction.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I was thinking the same thing.

4. Riverman

Yeah- I guess. It was clear at near the end of the 3rd quarter we were going down unless something changed. You might be right that Fisher was thinking that being 10-1 wasn't as bad as the potential locker room "disruption" putting Vince in might cause. I can't help but think it would have sent the Jets D scrambling for answers.

I just don't buy that playing him in a situation like that would alter the harmony of the team. I don't believe there would have been that much to lose at that point in the game.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I thought we were a couple of plays (Catches) from being in this game. It would be one thing if we didn't have chances. But the chances were there. No need to make a change today in my opinion. We had opportunties and left them like a lost sock is left on streets of Nashville. I don't care who was quarterback, it wasn't happening today. just a bad day of football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, in my opinion, one of the few positions on the team where we weren't having trouble yesterday was at QB. His completion percentage was low, but at least we can agree the drops were pretty bad. In general, I thought he played pretty darn well. We were having problems with the line, the WRs, the back, and the TEs... but not so much the QB.

As far as changing things up, I'd be fine with bringing Vince in, but I'd put him at RB, TE, or WR. More in the format of a trick play than having him as QB. Also, until about 8 minutes left in the third quarter, we were still in that game. If we hadn't had the penalty on defense to extend their drive, we would have gotten the ball back quickly after scoring and could have cut their lead to 7. It wasn't the time to panic then. The final drive we were playing it safe, no need to do anything risking that's going to get someone hurt.

7. Riverman

Yeah. We just couldn't sustain a run based drive and our defense was out there WAY longer than they should have been to maintain peak performance. I would think w/ Vince in the slot/backfield or even at QB for a series would have shaken things up enough to sustain a drive.

A dropped ball is a dropped ball. That wasn't going to get any better either way. I would have liked to see us get creative with the running game and Kerry just isn't a running QB.

Anyway- hope we see them again.

8. GoTitans3801

Boy do I agree with you there. I really hope that the AFC championship game is Titans v. Jets @ Titans. We need to be able to come back from that and show that we can beat that team.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't think it would have affected the team's harmony, but the media has finally accepted that collins is the starter this year until further notice, and bringing in vince would just give them a reason to ask about him some more.

10. GoTitans3801

It's actually been really nice not having the media constantly questioning Kerry as the starter. I think he's solidified his status for the season though, unless he actually gets injured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar