Should Griffin get #27?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oochymp, May 2, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

[​IMG]

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

whoa..

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Get real. Eddie was a good back, not enough to retire a number. And considering the Titans have only been around for about 8 years, I guess, Rolle, Hopkins, Mason, Randall Godfrey, and Lorenzo Neal are also "all-time Greats" Even though none of these, (maybe besides Neal) are ever going to the Hall of Fame.

Let's just retire every number of any player that has been good in the past ten years.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Even tho im for Griffin to be allowed to wear 27..

among the people you just said none of them rank within the top 15 of there positions main stat. Eddie is among the all time carries , yards and consecutive games list..

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Trained for years...VY went to a couple of his QB camps nothing more. He wasn't willing to accept the end of his starting days and for those that think it wasn't about the $$$ remember the 50 million bonus (a bonus that both sided knew would never be paid bty) that was due. His agent was more than willing to force the issue to get him another big payday.

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I would have said no a couple of days ago. My reasons would have been selfish. I loved Eddie George. You can't make me say anything bad about him, I'm the ultimate Homer. But now I've heard Michael Griffin speak on the radio, and read his remarks online and in the paper. To say that I am impressed with him is an understatement. The team doesn't really retire numbers anymore, and I am fine with Michael wearing the number. In fact, I think it is the ultimate show of respect to Eddie that is practical. We can't retire every good number, but we can hold a star player's number in reserve for a few years. We can be picky in who gets to wear the number later on. And I think Michael Griffin will bring honor to the number 27, in the same way that the Great Eddie George did.
    I love the Idea.

7. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

As great as Eddie was, he not a HOFer, yet. And until he is, his number should never be retired. That goes true for any player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar