Should Josh Kline replace Warmack?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Okay I've watched Sundays game three times now, and one thing is painfully clear. Chance Warmack played horribly. The Joseph sack was entirely on him and he got essentially NO movement in the run game. He was constantly being pushed out of position and required help in pass protection from the TE's and the backs.

I know a lot of you don't believe in PFF and "player grades" but they agree with my perceptions 100%. Our entire line graded well, Lewan with a 79.4, Conklin with a 75.9, Spain with a 71.9 and Jones with a 68.0.... But then there's ole Chance, sitting near the bottom of the league at a 48.0.

My question is this: How long do we keep Warmack in the starting lineup based solely on his draft position? Kline has played consistently well the past two years. Hell, he was by far the best lineman on the Pats last year.

If Chance continues to play like garbage, do we make the switch?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We are parting ways with Chance next year anyway...Might as well. Why do you think we drafted a guard, and picked up so much depth? He is as good as gone....and so is Wright....Might was well continue the gutting process.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

This is Warmack last season in Tennessee but I don't think he'll lose his starting job this year. Maybe around week 8-9 if things are going really bad

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youre talking about the two luckiest players on the team, if we had even a speck of talent after them theyd both be gone already. Expensive bags of crap should be taken out daily to avoid it smelly up the place , these two are so lucky to still be here its ridiculous.

So yes @Dangermode I would be happy to see Warmack swapped out with Kline for a game to see where hes really at. The only reason Warmack ever grades out well with PFF is at the end of the year when all the starting linemen are sidelined with injuries. He's currently the weakest link tho.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Another REALLY BAD Webster pick.....It sucks guys, but we need to keep weeding it out...Warmack, Wright, etc....It's the only way we change the mentality and winning. You take away those fumbles and INT, and we were dominating against a solid team. We didn't do that last year, and that is a good sign. Tough to lose that way, but I see the light. I am eager to toss those two, gain more cap, and get top tier value in the draft and in FA. We have the foundation now, and will be nasty in another year or two if we do so.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

That sack he gave up was terrible. Looked like he got out of the guys way on purpose.

I don’t understand why he’s so bad. McShay or Kiper (can’t remember which one) said he was the best prospect in that draft. It looked like he was a talented player coming out. Not sure what happened.

But to answer the question – it wouldn’t hurt to see how Kline plays. Hopefully if he plays well we won’t have to use another pick on the offensive line next year.

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

He plays so bad, so often that i just can't see how he's still a starter. As a coach, idc how much talent a player has, if he doesn't perform or put in the proper work, he's out.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And this is why you don't use a top ten pick on a mother****ing guard.

Most NFL-ready offensive lineman ever my ass.

"We need more SEC players. Playing in the best conference prepares them for the NFL."

:scorebad:

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

And to think,..We got him for that piece of crap CJ....Who ended up leaving anyway, and now this guy sucks...Double Whammy. I loathe Ruston Webster. I legit think he may be the worst GM in NFL history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar