Should Pacman be allowed back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Dec 5, 2007.

?
  1. Yes.. I want him back now.

39.3%
  2. No.. Its too late this season. I hope he's back next year though.

33.9%
  3. I don't want him back at all.

26.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

It should be interesting to see what everyone thinks about the new NFLPA appeal which Goodell is "supposedly" reviewing. I would have voted for him to return if this was week 9 or 10, yet personally, I sure as hell hope he's not allowed back now!

Lets assume all goes his way with his appeal; it would take a miracle for him to be allowed back in less than 2 or 3 weeks anyway! Lets plan for the worst and assume we don't make the playoffs.. what good would he be for us otherwise? **** it.. Thats one year off his contract gone for no good reason. So suppose he makes it back against the Colts, does anyone seriously believe that Fish would allow him to play after all the frenzy which has been going on?

Fish has been our coach for over 14 years and we all know what a PR freak he is. As a matter of fact.. we should be hoping that Fish allows him back in a Titans jersey next season rather than whether Goodell allows him back on the field during this.

Furthermore, Fisher will not bench Harper or Finnegan for the final game of the season for someone like Pacman. Book it! Harp and Finn have both played their hearts out throughout the season, and the last thing Fish would want to do is send out the wrong message to the youngsters in one of the NFL's youngest teams.

If Goodell sincerely wanted to safeguard the interest of our franchise, he should stand tall against this one and tell that selfish ******* to go screw himself. If Goodell allows Pacman to return, he would have hurt us twice. I really would question Goodell's true intentions if he was to do so.

The so called "Real Pacman fans" will have to vote against this one as well. We don't want him back this season. Its too late anyway!

Pacman's appeal is clearly self-centered and will benefit only the monetary interest of his agent and himself. Why should he get a raise next season if he was suspended when we needed him this season? I'd much rather we have him under contract through 2010 instead of 2009. Everyone else should too.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:hang:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What NFL player appeal isn't selfish then?

And an appeal for himself, a non convicted player, for the longest suspension in the NFL is selfish? Right. :rolleyes:

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Wow Gunny.. where shall I start..

1) He should have stuck to his appeal early in the season instead of drop it.
    2) He promised fans that he'll be back in week 11, and apparently got accepted at a college in Virginia to complete his studies and hang low until he's allowed back after week 10. Instead he decided to share bear hugs with other men in a cage instead of work his way back in the NFL.
    3) Goodell probably would have allowed him back if Pacman would have acted mature about his appeal and humbly showed grief and regret instead of labeling himself "the most controversial name in all of professional sports".
    4) Fighting to be reinstated this late in the season will serve no benefit whatsoever to the Titans regardless of whether or not we make the playoffs. Fisher will not bench Finnegan or Harper for Pacman. Instead, he'll only get a higher salary next season and be in a position to renegotiate a new contract in 2009 instead of 2010.

By the way.. discussing Pacman's innocence or guilt has been the single most discussed issue on this board this year, and the last thing I want to do is start another 10 page thread about that. The purpose of this thread is to get fans' 'current' opinion about his possible return and whether its advantages outweigh its disadvantages or vice versa. Notice that I didn't mention if he was or was not guilty in my first post, and if I had to choose I would say that the suspension was INITIALLY too harsh.. and if you look back you'd see that i was actually a Pacman supporter when this suspension was first handed out.. yet fighting to be reinstated this late in the season is BS and one-sided.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's too late in the day.

He won't be game fit & there's no time left for him to get fit.The only help I could see him giving us quickly is in the return game.

I want him back on the team but I'd rather keep him until 2010.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What he promised had nothing to do with what he controlled.
    Do we know he didn't go back to college? Dude had a lot of free time on his hands, he could have wrestled and studied.

TWA actually named him that.

And you don't know what Goodell would have done.

I still wouldn't mind him returning punts. God knows no one else can do it.

I'm not discussing his guilt or innocence, I am asking how is it selfish when nothing has happened to him and he gets the longest suspension compared to guys like Chris Henry, Tank Johnson, et al.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Pitbull, fyi, Pacman isn't appealing, the NFLPA is. The NFLPA is appealing this on principle, not because Pacman is asking them to or because they necessarrily believe he's a good guy who deserves to be reinstated.

8. He should be allowed back, but the titans shouldn't play him, he should get back to match fitness first.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

How would that would help the salary cap?
    If you're worried about chemistry with his team mates, he'll have months to work on that.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

On several occasions.

Assuming he didn't know about it the first time (which i'm sure he did), he should have told TNA not to repeat it instead of embracing it and allowing it to be used everytime he was being introduced.

I'm not going to act like I know how the NFLPA works because honestly i don't, but I am sure he's not being forced into it, and I'm certain NFLPA has his blessings to say the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar