Should Reese try and trade up to #2 if Bush is there?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2006.

?
  1. Yes, if the Saints give #104 for #39

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Yes, even if the Saints give #135 for #39

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. No, giving away #39 is too much

14 vote(s)
    82.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

same.

I'd run the streets naked if we got Bush @ 3, but I dont mind who we get unless it is a reach or Leinart.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

My only worry with getting Bush at 2 or 3 is that we still have no guarantees with McNair. What do we do then, draft Kellen Clemmons in the 2nd? Best thing to me is NO realizes they can't afford Bush at 2, especially with Deuce on the roster, and take Ferguson, their other top player. Then we can trade Bush for a slew and get a QB, hopefully one of our top two.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

But I'm getting afraid we'll take Leinart at 3.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If he's there at three, take him.

But, don't give away a second just to move up one spot for him.

5. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

This talk of getting him at 3 is crazy. Somebody will trade if with NO if we don't. I would definetly trade for him.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He absolutely will not be there at 3. There is just no scenario that NO says to themselves, "Hey, we could get the widely regarded number one player on everyone's board at a position where we have an injury prone getting older player or trade the pick to the Jets and still get the number one player we actually need (Ferguson or Hawk), but I think we'll just pass on all that and take Ferguson or Hawk here instead".

I think everyone needs to keep in perspective that Bush could still not be a HOF player. I know that is shocking, but it happens almost yearly. Hell, he might not even make a pro bowl. He could even be the next KiJana Carter. We can't know for a few more years. I think it's very rare that a running back is worth picking in the top 10 at all, much less doing so at the expense of more picks. I say we hope he drops to 3. Then, if no one is willing to give up significantly more than market value for him, we make a close call to draft him or whoever else we have number one on our board.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I say forget about Bush and concentrate on picking a QB with the number 3 pick. Why do we need another RB, especially one who some say isn't even a "every down type of back". Go out there and draft Vince Young and take care of that problem.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think I said it before, but if we trade up one slot for Bush it will be an even worse move than what Ditka did for Ricky.

I say let NO draft Bush, they need a successor to Deuce anyway and at least he won't even be in our conference.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Duece is in his prime. They won't draft Bush.

However if the Saint covert Ferguson and we really want Bush, I would just ring up the Saints and tell them if they trade the #2 pick we will take Ferguson.

See if they take the bait.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

He's 27, only played 5 games last year, and the year before only just managed 1000 yards. In his prime?

Domanick Davis has had more success than Deuce the last 2 years, so Texans should draft Bush and NO shouldn't? Tosh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar