Should Tennessee Cut Or Keep Chris Johnson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Yea unless the next rb is a clean cut white dude like locker or soft spoken leader like Eddie George that we can run into the ground, most of the posters on here will shred the next guy into the ground. I don't care about his dreads or clothes I enjoy watching him
    Play, that's the difference.

Yea CJ has lost a step probably a couple, but again most of you sound like dumbasses dragging threads onto 20 pages with the dread lock emoji.

Titans hate for their own players is remarkable. Wondering if you would want to meet CJ if he were in front of you or spit in his face. I'm curious if other fan bases are like this?

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would say its not so much CJ, as much as it is the fans supporting him, but that would be a lie.

He isn't 'one of our best players', and the white knights coming to his rescue is what really makes everyone hate him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would say 'Hi' but that would be it

It was a hoot seeing Schwenke and BWW in person this summer. Both are huge for their positions. But once the PR thingy was done we all went our own ways. I want both to suceed, but I have no special bond or nothing

I guess with me all the players, and I focus on them cause its just reality that I watch the players not the ball boy or secretary, lying about their 'love' of the Titans/Tennessee and then taking chump change too move. Fisk, Carter and Runyon immediatly come to mind of players who talked the talk, but left at their first chance to do so.

Fisk was a semi-celebrity locally. He pitched cars on TV and stuff. Quite possibly could have been the Wycheck before Wycheck. But he left for the bolts for literally less than a 10% difference in reported contract. Granted only him and his agent know exactly what was in the offers so I am only recalling what was reported. IMO Fisk made a huge mistake.

Carter ran his mouth on and on about how much he 'loved Tennessee' and had a radio program and crap. Then when he hit UFA he was the first one to sign and he signed with the fish. I am sure he was all 'I LUV me some Miami' and crap.

Runyan signed with Philly for dang near the same contract the Titans offered, but seems there might have been more guranteed $s in Philly, but not a huge ammount. Runyan met President Bush on behalf of the Titans and all sorts of things, but when it came down to it he wanted to get out. Well BYE-BYE Representative Rynyan
    http://runyan.house.gov/

OK even I will admit he probably made the right decision, but he can still pound sand for all I care

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

CJ needs to take a paycut or we go after Ben Tate

Funny how that works, he outperforms his initial contract and he wants paid, he underperforms his cuurent one but he won't take a paycut.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Ben Tate probably wants too much $$, also don't see HOU letting him go with how often Arian is hurt.... unless somebody offers him big $$.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Yes. It's much more pleasing to not have people refute dumb arguments. This site should be one big echo chamber where people can just spout off nonsense and have no one call them on it. o_O People who come on here and say down right inaccurate things about CJ are the ones who force people like me to defend him. Maybe if our own fan base wasn't attacking him no one would have to stand up for him. It isn't just CJ either, if I see something that I believe is wrong or I disagree with I'm going to say something just like everybody else.

7. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

i HAVE ONE SAY, KUT!

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

lol.

10. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Still waiting for someone to explain who else is better on offense. Only legit argument is Wright, but we don't have a qb tbat can get him the ball consistently. And while you are at it, explain how we replace his production more so than "we hopefully get lucky with a 5 round rb pick"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar