Should Tennessee Cut Or Keep Chris Johnson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

I just don't know what to make of his inconsistent play. Sometimes he looks like he's working hard, and other times he's just mailing it in. When they bring in Greene/Ringer/Battle/Harper to spell him, they don't look any better.

I guess I'd keep him. I wish his contract was a bit more palatable, but you sure can't guarantee similar production / game scheming from a midround pick.

I believe 2014 will be the last year of the contract, right? Move on after that.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yes. If he were making 2 mill a year or something no one would be complaining and it'd be a no-brainer to keep him around. But we have to look at the bigger picture and do what's best for the team. Pollard and Verner need to be re-signed. Casey needs to be re-signed ASAP. Possibly Washington. And we have other holes to fill via FA. It simply doesn't make sense to pay CJ 8 million dollars in 2014 considering what he's given us these past couple seasons.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Someone doesn't quite understand the issue. His production his first three years was not the problem. The problem is his production since getting more money. 1077, 1243 and 1047 is average running back production. Definitely not worth $8 million+ per year.

Shonn Greene had two straight seasons of similar production. What's the difference?

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

He needs to be cut, and it doesn't matter about the money, you can say 1 mil, or 1 dollar, 8 million is not going to change. And yes thats way too much

5. jwhite0303

jwhite0303 Starter

Two straight seasons isn't the same as six. Not to mention, the last 3-4 years the O-line has been less than average to say the least.
    Right now, he's sticking with his contract, 8 Mil next year. A couple months from now if he's still saying the same thing, he's gonna get cut. If he wants to continue being a Titan, he's gonna have to agree to less money IMO.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

not to me it isn't. this is more about him holding us back in my eyes. how can our offense function with a guy like him?

7. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I'd love to see him restructure and stay, but with his current contract and our cap situation he has to be cut.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Six straight seasons of 1000 yards has nothing to do with anything. CJ's production in his first three seasons was by far better than his last three. No one cares what he did when he was 23. We care about what he's done at 28 and it's been significantly less productive.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Any RB could get to 1000 6x if they had CJs number of carries. CJ hasnt impressed me in 4 years. GTFO already you non trying bum

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. jwhite0303

jwhite0303 Starter

To me it does. It means consistency, it means he stays healthy. The Oline play and playcalling itself have been equally detrimental to his production as anything he's done or not done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar