Should Tennessee Cut Or Keep Chris Johnson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm SO hopeful we will ditch the "CJ just needs more carries to break one" approach. I would like to keep him because he'll be a valuable cop back but obviously there is no value at his price. I'd like the new coach to present to CJ that he's gone and can test the market but bring him back if market price is reasonable. I guess with cap hits and signing bonus that just isn't feasible.

2. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

with exception of playooffs cj has more yds from scrimmage this year than gore in regular season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

The argument could be made as to how those yards helped the team: moving the chains more, number of first downs, etc...

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Doesn't matter. They'll find some way to discredit it. We gotta dissect every single one of CJ's carries but when it comes to other running backs the stats are the word of God and not to be questioned....

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

You make a good point. Honestly, we should be dissecting both. What I think you are seeing is that most people can compare Cj to someone like Lynch in which case it is pretty easy to see that Lynch carries that team compared to CJ on Tennessee.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Those superficial comparison are ok and don't really bother me. It's pretty clear to the naked eye that Marshawn Lynch is an animal who drags grown men around and CJ is just not that guy.It's when people use double standards in order to paint some retardedly simplistic picture and act as if they've proved something after. It's intellectually dishonest as all hell and really annoying at least to me. But you're 100% right. The way to go about it is to dissect every single carry every "top RB" has had. It's painstaking work but it would yield results I could actually respect. I obviously have not done this myself but I would wager that if someone were to do it they'd be surprised with what they find.

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I agree. Its always "CJ gets his yardage/average because of long carries, he sucks!" Then there's "OMFg: did you see that 60 yard run by Marshawn Lynch?!" No one counts the times other backs get stopped for no gain...that only happens to Chris Johnson apparently. CJ isn't a top RB at this point, but no one on this team is a top player.

8. Tim

Tim Starter

I would hate to see Chris Johnson go anywhere the guy has talent he still has speed if he gets in the right system or if the line improves he will be just fine

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Tebow

10. Marko

Marko Starter

CJ has to go. I'd rather a back that can move the chains than a home run hitter which is all he is. Getting 8 million per season to get 2 100 yard games. This team is totally inconsistent and I personally dont think Johnson is a good character. Refuses to take any blame. Look at Alfred Morris rushing for 1,600 yards last year. 6th rounder. Johnson had 110 yards combined against NYJ, KC, SEA and SF in a four game span. Not what you would call value. If this has been said before sorry, I didnt read through the entire thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar