Should Tennessee Cut Or Keep Chris Johnson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

All those things are factors but how about the #1 reason I'd let him walk. He wasn't going 100% all the time. Period. You saw in the last two games, meaningless games, where CJ was auditioning for his next gig, CJ ran as hard as I've seen in the last few years. He didn't get the big run but he hit the hole with authority, broke tackles and ran hard. As in if he did that all season maybe we get a few more 1st downs and a few more wins. Don't let the door hit you in the back side CJ on your way out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Exactly. You could watch him earlier this season take the handoff and stutter-step with decent seams in front of him. It's like, if he didn't see something big enough to run through untouched, he hesitated. He went down too easy too often. He was unable to make players miss. I think he's lost vision.

I'm not going to hold the OL blameless. Turner was awful and Warmack abused. Still, there's no excuse for a playmaker to not produce more. He is a feast or famine RB who didn't feast enough this season, IMO, to be worth anything close to his salary.

Then, you have the final two games against bad defense where he's running with some passion unseen the entire season. If he runs with the same intensity all season, does he barely break 1000 yards? Unlikely.

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

lol I remember early in the season some nutrider was arguing vision isn't a thing you can lose ahhahahahha.

not saying that's exactly whats wrong with cj but I just remember him getting all mad and saying you cant lose vision...

this reminded me of that

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

my only question is if he does go to another team, does he go back to performing like he used to? I must admit as pissed as I am with his performance this year I think if he does go to another team he will run well again! They will use him more productively than Loggains did with his stupid switching out of rb's all the time.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Vision is really about instinct and, too often, I saw CJ miss a seam to cut back or bounce something outside. It's hard to know what CJ sees but I don't recall it happening as much earlier in his career.

6. 520

this is exactly what would happen...so let him come back here which will basically be a new team strategy wise

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree with this, I think he has a lot of potential given the right circumstances. I did not like what Lowgains did as far as play calling was concerned and our Oline needs to get better. That being said tho CJ needs to cut this crap out tho, he gets paid a lot and should act like a professional no matter what the game situation may be.

8. 520

yea that's for sure. tell him he aint allowed to talk to media. give the vy treatment all you can say cj is I try to care of my responsibilities that's it haha

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Or he just actually tries for once. If he mails it in everyday like here then you can expect as much out of him as Trent Richardson.

[​IMG]

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That actually says a lot about how good CJ is. If CJ isn't trying like you claim, then he still is light years ahead of Richardson without even putting any effort into it. I know that people that are done with CJ won't change their mind about him so it's not really even an issue. We shall find out soon enough whether CJ is a keeper or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar