Should the Titans trade Demarco Murray this offseason?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Where'd you get that rare footage of Gunny....

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

First of all, I never said I wanted to trade him, I simply raised the notion for spirited conversation.

Secondly, Running Back might be an easy position to "fill" but by that reasoning, every position is equally so. Just draft a guy and put him there, regardless of how good he is at this level. But how many 1,000 yard rushing, multi pro bowl, playmaking RB's are there in the league? You would be hard pressed to argue there are more than 10 other backs in the league with Demarco Murray's numbers. He has over 1,500 combined yards and 13 touchdowns through 15 games. Two thirds of the league would benefit from adding him.

Would he be worth a 1st to a team in "win now" mode with a late 1st round pick? A team that won't have a shot at Fournett or Cook? In my opinion, absolutely.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Carp

Carp Starter

No team is giving up a 1st rounder for an aging RB who is expensive and has only a couple years of control.

We might be able to get a 3rd rounder if we're lucky. But I doubt it. And he's more valuable to us than a 4th rounder, so there's little chance he's traded.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

As long as we have mm Murray will stay. He's better in protecting and a go to out of the backfield. This is why he plays even though he looks spent at times. The franchise must be helped.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Yeah, and let's not forget Matthew Stafford, he was hurt all of the time his first two or three seasons.

We have to remember that last year our Oline was total garbage and this year Mariota has been unscathed until that one tackle. I don't know if anyone's ankle could not be injured with the way he fell and twisted with a 300lb defender falling on top of it for good measure.

I don't think that it's just because Mariota fibula is unusually weak or anything. Just a fluke, he's taken some good hit and sacks this year and jumped up like it was nothing.

6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

It was a crush for sure. Only time will tell whether it was a fluke or a pattern.

7. dgup76

dgup76 Starter

I wished you Bama fans would quit dreaming of ways to get Henry on the field. We have something that works so leave it alone and work on the secondary!!!

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

murray has been great and we finally have 2 good backs hell it took us nearly 10 years to get 1

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

And 3 GMs

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

Murray's value to us is about a top 10 pick at this point. No way a team would even give up a 2nd for him. It's not even close to realistic. Murray will be a titan for at least 1 more year, but i think Henry gets a lot more chances in 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar