Should Titans pursue Cedric Benson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think I would rather get Mendenhall.

3. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Do you have an order of RB you think we should take?

I think we just need something until next years draft when we can draft an all purpose AP like RB

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think we should build our line then just be able to plug almost anyone back there. I am not longer behind the idea of dropping serious money on one, or spending anything higher than a 2nd round pick.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I've always like Benson's running style. Not the fastest guy but he can really pound it out. For the right price he'd be a great addition. I'd also really like to take Rex Burkhead from Nebraska if he's there in the 3rd or 4th round.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

NO no no no no

Benson sure, he's smart enough to come from a man blocking scheme to a zone and made it work last year. Maybe CJ could learn something from him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

Benson or Brandon Jacobs, both grinders and will get small 1 year contracts. Heck, bring them both in and let them compete for 1 spot in camp. We dont have to get a longterm solution this year. I still believe we should take a late round flier on Lattimore if he is available after the 4th, and let him fully rehab and recover on IR for a year.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is my free agent RB wish-list (in order)

Chris Ivory
    Jonathan Dwyer
    Andre Brown
    Isaac Redman
    Steven Jackson
    Reggie Bush
    Cedric Benson
    Shonn Greene
    La'Rod Stephens-Howling
    Justin Forsett

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I like him and don't think he'd be a bad pickup. But I think I'd prefer we just draft a guy in the middle rounds (if it was an Either/Or situation). Benson doesn't have very much tread left on the tires. And we need to start looking to the future at that position IMO.

It's really all about the OL anyway. So many teams are getting solid-to-great production out of mid/late-round guys. We just for some reason have one of the worst OLs in the league despite having two HoF OL on the coaching staff. :rolleyes:

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Draft Lacy if he's there in the 2nd. If he's gone, wait until later in the draft to take a RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar