Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Should Titans release McNair?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitansGlory, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee2 Guest

If you can restructure Mac, then you have a nice tutor for whomever comes in, and save perhaps more than 10 mil (plus you keep the "Face of the franchise" around). If not, then he sticks for one more year, we go 8-8, and then get to the playoffs next season, a la Cincy.

In other words, no cutty
  2. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    I'd like to have him this year, no matter who we draft, but I don't like it sticking us next year... If we restructure, I still don't think we can get around most of that hit, is that right SK?
  3. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    As it is now McNair is off the books after this year. The only way to save on the CAP is for McNair to either agree to a straight salary reduction this year, lowering the 10 million to whatever he agrees to or restructuring where he gets more upfront money spread over two or three years. McNair has already made it clear he will not take a straight reduction so spreading the current and future CAP money over the next couple of years seems to be the only option.
  4. Mex#1TitanFan Guest

Restructure Mac's contract, I think he have to restructure and create a win-win situation with the team that has showed him loyalty over the years, he is loyal too and I don't think Mac would like to finish his career in another uniform.
  5. theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Martin
    Moolah:
    $283
    If we release him, it won't be until after the draft. If we get Young we won't release him, but if we take Leinart or Cutler we could release him.
  6. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    How about Mac showing some loyalty and playing for 5 mil the next two years. We can use the extra 5 mil to sign Givens if Mac wants a better WR.
  7. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000
  8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.