Should Titans release McNair?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitansGlory, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

If you can restructure Mac, then you have a nice tutor for whomever comes in, and save perhaps more than 10 mil (plus you keep the "Face of the franchise" around). If not, then he sticks for one more year, we go 8-8, and then get to the playoffs next season, a la Cincy.

In other words, no cutty

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd like to have him this year, no matter who we draft, but I don't like it sticking us next year... If we restructure, I still don't think we can get around most of that hit, is that right SK?

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

As it is now McNair is off the books after this year. The only way to save on the CAP is for McNair to either agree to a straight salary reduction this year, lowering the 10 million to whatever he agrees to or restructuring where he gets more upfront money spread over two or three years. McNair has already made it clear he will not take a straight reduction so spreading the current and future CAP money over the next couple of years seems to be the only option.

4. Restructure Mac's contract, I think he have to restructure and create a win-win situation with the team that has showed him loyalty over the years, he is loyal too and I don't think Mac would like to finish his career in another uniform.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

If we release him, it won't be until after the draft. If we get Young we won't release him, but if we take Leinart or Cutler we could release him.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

How about Mac showing some loyalty and playing for 5 mil the next two years. We can use the extra 5 mil to sign Givens if Mac wants a better WR.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:rotfl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar