should tulloch start?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Nov 6, 2006.

?
  1. yes

20 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. no

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the good

1. on jacksonville's first run play he had a tackle for a loss. he went through the hole like a bullet.
    2. on the second drive he disrupted a screen, grabbing the back.
    3. he made a nice open field form tackle on david garrard on 1st and goal after vince's INT was returned to the three yard line.
    4. he made a big hit on reggie williams, something we havent had a linebacker do all year.
    5. he showed good speed to get to jones-drew on a swing pass.

the bad

1. on george wrister's td he got behind tulloch after garrard had all day to throw.
    2. he was in the wrong gap a few times.
    3. over ran a few plays.
    4. while he showed good speed getting to jones-drew, he didnt bring him down.

2. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I wasn't too impressed with him, but at the same time I am not impressed with Sirmon either. What do we have to lose. Let's see if this kid is the replacement for Sirmon. We all know he's gone after the year.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I didn't get to see him play, but by all accounts he was at worst on par with Sirmon.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The same reason you start Tulloch is the same reason you start Vince. Right now, EVERY decision on this team should be about getting back to the playoffs in a season or two. As soon as Fuller feels close to 100%, he needs to be in instead of LT.

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

100% agree. the season is over... only kimberly thinks we will still make the playoffs. you start the young talent everywhere you can now to see where we need the most help in the off-season. i dont see sirmon coming back next year so i see every snap he plays as a wasted one. even if he was having a decent year... which he isn't... it's pretty much pointless for him to be in the game.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Wow Jeff, them's fighting words coming from you :ha:

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

:yes:

Sirmon isn't getting any faster, he's limited. Tulloch should improve with reps and has the physical advantage. Gow with the guy with the higher ceiling.

8. TitanJeff

Yup. I get this way when both the Vols and Titans lose in one weekend. :irked:

If I don't see upside in a player so this team can be ready by '08 to make a run for a few seasons, I'm all for doing whatever it takes. Right now, there is quite a list of those I strongly consider handing walking papers to.

9. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Lets start the list then Jeff!

I'll Start and you & others feel free to add on

Lamont Thompson
    Peter Sirmon
    Benji Olson

10. TitanJeff

It would be easier for me to list those I feel should be in the team's long-term plans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar