Should we make a move to try and win this division?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ceeder, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Can we get a LB that can cover and blitz?

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah, let's stunt our growth for 1 high draft pick.

Of course you go for the division over a draft pick.

Even though we still aren't anybody to fear, I can honestly say that after all these years, this team is finally moving in the right direction. Hit on our 1st round picks next year and/or go after a #1 WR and CB and we are right back in the swing of things.

But no way in hell do we need to stunt the growth over some potential draft picks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Heck if Mariota keeps playing at the level he is playing at, our team is good enough to get through this season already. Why give away pieces of the future for this season? We won't be challenging for the superbowl.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

We can win this division staying the course.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I wouldn't even go as far as saying Sharpe is better than expected.

Teams are gearing up for week 7, time to stop living off his training camp fluff. He is getting less and less snaps each passing game.

He is what he is. A 5th round receiver with limited athleticism.

I completely expect the Titans to resign Kendall (depending if he keeps playing like he did on Sunday) or sign a WR in FA and also draft one within their first 3 picks.

Then that would leave Sharpe on the depth chart next year at what he is, a #4 receiver.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

JR has never been the man 100% in charge of a draft. Mularky has not either for that matter. I'd argue that there is really no way to accurately say if they'll draft any posistion over another yet.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Who is the starting RB for the Pats? They take a lot of players others don't want if it suits their needs, or if they know they have talent. Look how many FA's we have....you think we are 3-3 without them?

8. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Not.saying free agents cant help, but consistently good teams draft well. Just cause the Pats have a few good free agents doesnt change the fact that the team is largely built on draft picks.

9. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

I think Tajae is better than what people give him credit for. He'll learn how to separate soon but he doesn't drop passes at all. Id rather have someone like that as a #2 receiver than keep drafting playmakers who are inconsistent with catching the ball. Also I think even though he isn't a super athlete, he already has a phenomenal ability to catch balls in traffic. We've already seen glimpses of that. Only thing now is for him to just learn from footwork and seperation techniques from one the best in Andre Johnson (who is now his mentor)

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Not that Sharpe is the next Mason, but Mason only had 47 cths for 608 and 3 TD in his first 3 years as a WR.

I know that he a PR and KR in those years too, but sometimes patience is necessary. Mason also was never the "randy moss" type, jump ball guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar