Should we make a move to try and win this division?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ceeder, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The draft is a crapshoot after the 1st round. You win some, you lose some. With a FA you pretty much know what you are getting. The problem is you have to draft lower rounds to stay under cap and hope a guy works out like Sharpe. But a safety is a key player on D, so you either draft really high (1st round) or acquire one in FA.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Pretty impressive considering they've lost a few picks for cheating

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

They win their division every year - it's not like they are getting near the quality picks we have been getting the last five. It's far more than that.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

NE has built a certain culture there. Players buy into it, whether rookie, FA or UDFA.

5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Again I dont diagree, but it's not a coincidence that solid franchise always seem to draft well (green bay, pittsburgh, new england etc) and consistently bad teams do not (cleveland, tennessee, ny jets).

6. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Which is JRob's vision for this franchise. And unfortunately, that doesn't happen overnight.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

Your correct. But if focused on football you get this (last full year playing):

This preseason:

Anytime you can acquire two talented mid-20yr. old former pro-bowlers that haven't had major injuries it is your duty (New England motto) to inquire about them.

Haden and Gordon for a 3rd. Restructure Gordon's contract (he doesn't have a choice) write in language that is in your favor (if you get kicked out of the league this contract is null and void, we keep our money, etc. ...) and reap the benefits.

Sell high, BUY LOW.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

Who are we kidding, we could probably get both for a 4th and/or 5th. THIS IS THE BROWNS.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't think we should make a move. Need to stay the course because I like where we are headed. Plus I don't think there's a realistic mid season move that will drastically change the outcome of this season.

We probably shouldn't win the division this season but we totally could. Either way I think our future is way brighter than any other AFC South team.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Couple of weeks ago I'd have said we need to get a DB of some kind, but the front 7 is generating a ton of pressure so it's now not as noticeable how bad the secondary is.

If we can sustain the push up front I think we're going to be ok.

The offense just needs more Walker and Henry to supliment what our WRs are missing. But if there was one spot I'd suggest upgrading it's WR. Matthews and Wright are solid, but neither are No.1 material

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar