Should we try to get this guy to help our Oline?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wonder if he'd be willing (or has the skill set) to move to RT. He's 31.

If change is what he has an issue with, being traded to the Titans to play RT seems to be about as high as you can get on the change meter.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Depends, Tunsil is being called an immediate pro bowl tackle. (I heard that on the radio like 10 mins ago, so Im not trying to pretend I know what Im talking about), I have liked Jalen Ramsey since the summer when I first heard of him, my untrained eye is thinking he could be a sean taylor type player.

If we got thomas, it would open the door for Ramsey to be drafted, and we immediately upgrade both sides of the ball with just those 2 moves.

However, How long does Thomas have left? These big dudes dont last forever and he has been around a while. If we could get 3 solid productive years out of him, then Id say go for it, but even for 2 years, I dont think its worth it considering you could get 10 out of Tunsil.

I like the idea of drafting defense, and signing free agents for offense. Last defender we took in the first was Griffin? Off the top of my head, is that right? We need play makers on D. We have Mariota, Wright and Delaine on O. With potential in DGB, we need early round defensive picks to be able to intimidate other teams, and make plays, and tackles. If we were to be able to trade for Thomas it would open the door for the defense to get a playmaker in the first.

4. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

I heard someone say on the radio this morning, Lewan would move to RT. Ive heard that alot, I assume he was a RT in college.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm unaware if he ever played RT. He seems to have the build of a typical LT. I don't know if he has the size/strength to play the right side.

7. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Was listening to WUZ earlier and they were talking about Drafting Tunsil, and said Lewan would move to RT. Said it matter of factly, so, I dont know I just assumed how they said it like he belongs more at RT, and was playing LT now because thats where we needed him.

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

If I'm Joe Thomas a pro bowl T with only a few good years left I'm not leaving one dumpster of an organization to play for another.

#8 xhrr, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I was thinking the same thing...to an extent. His name came up before the trade deadline passed this year. He would be a one, maybe 2yr fix at OT, and that could allow us to try and see if we can't develop Poutasi into a solid RT, or another prospect later in this year's draft.

I was thinking we could trade down with them one spot, either in the 1st or 2nd Rd. One might ask why would Cleveland do that when they know we aren't going to draft a QB at No.1? Simple, to ensure we don't trade that pick to someone else who wants to select they QB they have their heart set on. Goff will be that guy and I can see us trade back to the No.4 pick, so Jerry Jones can get Goff, instead. SF or the Rams might also be looking to do the same.

I actually hope we acquire Russell Okung from Seattle, in FA...so we can trade that pick, and maybe get Bosa plus an extra 2nd Rd pick.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

He played RT briefly before whats his face got hurt at LT his rookie year. He looked solid at RT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar