Should we try to get this guy to help our Oline?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

"Fat Chance" Warmack was scouted as a once in a generation guard too.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Brown is sick of losing, why would he go to a team they beat with the exact same record?

3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Joe Thomas already stated he's going to demand a release/trade after any firing of Pet and/or Farmer.

So if we make a ploy for a trade.. We need to keep in mind that WE GET TO SET THE RULES... Because CLE is in desp. to try and move him.

Had it been a legit trade and everything still smooth w/ him and the BROWNS.... Then the BROWNS get to lead the NFL around by the nose during the trade..

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yeah. Found a quote from him on learning the right side:

"It's just different, something I haven't done before," Lewan said. "My vertical set is a little off, and keeping my shoulder square (is harder), those type of things. My punch timing is a lot better on the left side than it is on the right side. But it's just learning and developing those things, and that's what you have to do to be successful."

But I don't recall him starting over there in a regular season game. I thought Oher was there and he played all of his six rookie starts at LT after Roos went down.

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Hmm, maybe you're right. Perhaps this quote made me think he played RT. It would be a surprise to me that Oher beat out Lewan for a RT job though.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Absolutely...

Reason #1: You add a pro bowl tackle to protect Mariotas blindside and help keep him safe. That should be reason enough.

Reason #2: Adding a veteran of that caliber to the line will have a HUGE impact on the development of Warmack, Lewan and Poutasi. How could it not make them raise their game?

Reason #3: Use him to lure Alex Mack over too. 2016 linup of Thomas, Warmack, Mack, Poutasi (or other) and Lewan gives me goosebumps.

Reason #4: Quality locker room guy and a potential offensive leader. This is a young team. Quality veterans can teach them to be great.

Reason #5: Leaves that 1st pick available for a defensive stud.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

we should not trade for anyone above 30, we could sign him should he become available tho

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Unless we keep Webster as he would just blow the pick anyway.

9. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

Bring him in AND draft a tackle. Preferably Tunsil.
    3 good tackles.
    One with experience that can help teach the rookie(s).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar