Shout out to Jason McCourty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Courtland is the heart of our D right now but with two better than average young corners in McC and ATV do you guys think there is a chance we let him go OR sign and trade him?

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

No chance they let Finnegan go unless his demands are completely ridiculous. McCourty and Verner are dirt cheap at this point. No reason the team can't have all three.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Not just J-Mac, but Finny and ATV all of them are really good players. no need to say who is better than who, b/c they all ball..hard

but i did say that if we were to ever get just a little bit of pressure not even that much, our CBs would pick up the slack. Its very important to have 3 solid CBs in this league and we finally have that.

very impressed with this unit, there is no debate about our best unit...and still all so young.

LOCK FINNY UP B4 THE SEASON ENDS....or talk to him and set-up a deal that both agree on. He is realistically our last leader on D PERIOD.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Imagine if we weren't handicapped at safety? Our secondary could be sick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Oh and im 99% sure Cortland will be back, I'd be stunned if he left.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yesterdays' game was the best by Titans CBs since the Samari Rolle era. It was 1999 like. Kudos to all 3 of our guys.

Steve Smith was covered all day as well as the other Panther WRs.

7. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Steve Smith isn't the force he once was but your point is totally correct. Smith even resorted to the old " dummy out of the pram " routine near the end and still couldn't draw a penalty out of Finny.

Credit to Babineaux out there too. Wasn't sure about bringing him in but I've been impressed with what he's done.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

did you see hope wiff on Cam's scramble....i didnt like that

he's not the same as he was when we got him, he was a very good open field tackler.

when a good qb scrambles and makes it to the second level, safeties are considered the best suited to take them down. LBs are too slow and often blocked and CBs usually too small/weak (minus Finny).

Its one thing to be a liability in coverage, which both safeties are - any over the top pass i hold my breath. its another thing to be a liability in run support, which both safeties are now as well.

Griff and Hope both had reputations for being more run-stopping oriented players; reputations which have far since faded.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That's no lie. I mean if you're not gonna cover well then you better be able to light people up and none of our safeties are able to do that. They can't cover and can't tackle for sh!+. They're so soft it's pathetic. I've been a big supporter of Griff but dude is a straight up puss at this point.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Huh? He was, is 2nd in the league in receiving yardage. Over 900 yards in half a season averaging 114 yards a game. We held him to less than half that.

Smith is also averaging 18 yards a catch and we never gave him anything big down the field.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar