Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

SI.com in shock at TEN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    We knew cap-rich Cleveland and Minnesota were going to attack free agency with a vengeance and that Washington always does. But it's hard not to be impressed with Tennessee's first-week effort. The Titans definitely overspent for a guy who has yet to prove he's a No. 1 receiver, but David Givens was a nice pickup, and I could say the same for safety Chris Hope, linebacker David Thornton and veteran center Kevin Mawae. Seems to me that the worst of the medicine-taking is over in Tennessee.

Seems to like what they've done. The money spent on Givens could bite us in the arse or prove to be a masterpiece.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,506
    Vegas approves as well. The Titans have gone from 100-1 to 85-1 to win the Super Bowl. :brow:
  2. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $670
    I saw that in the Tennessean this morning. Wonder how much Ty Law would improve our odds.
  3. Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Ty Law would be the worst possible pickup for us. =x
  4. fitantitans This space For Rent

Klug
    Moolah:
    $262
    Do you think we paid too much for Givens?
    Was he the best WR available?
  5. fitantitans This space For Rent

Klug
    Moolah:
    $262
    Some thought KVB would bite us in the arse last year. Damaged goods.
  6. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    No one suggested signing KVB would hurt us.
  7. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,320
    there was no risk involved in KVB, the vet minimum for 1 year, doesn't get anymore cut and dry. Givens however we've already invested lots of bucks and cap space, whether he even sets foot on the field for the Titans.
  8. metal957 In"Vince"Able

Moolah:
    $0
    The titans will be fine. Don't worry about cap space b/c next year McNair and his 23 mil go away
  9. Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I think we paid about market value for a 25(?)year old receiver on the upswing.

No. TO is definately better, Javon Walker is probably better (but older), Antwan Randle El is arguably better (slightly worse imo).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.