Sick of all our negative fans!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DelawareTitan, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

Maybe this thread belongs under the Reinfeldt is an idiot thread, but I am sick and tired of all of our moaning, complaining, negative fans!

In one breath people are complaining that we do not bring in free agents, and when we do all we do is complain about who we bring in. Why didnt we get a top flight DE or a shutdown corner? Because there were none out there! We are a franchise that does not overspend for free agents, but when a free agent becomes available who fits our needs we do talk with them. We can not sign every free agent who is out there, it is not fantasy football or Madden.

All people did on this board was rip KVB last year for not producing, and when he signs with the Lions some fans are saying oh we should have paid him that much. Give me a break!

People were up in arms last year when we let Haynesworth walk for a $100 million dollar contract. How did that work out for him this season? If we would have spent that money on him you could kiss CJ and Finny goodbye when it is time to resign them because we would have too much tied up in Haynesworth.

And now people are wanting Pac Man to come back. Do we not forgot how we got burned by him already. He did nothing to improve his image while in Dallas what makes you think he would change when he is back in the league this time around?

Everyone of us wants the Titans to win the Super Bowl but we need to learn how to be patient. Have we had missed oppurtunities, yes but that is football! There are franchises that are over 25 years old who have not won a Super Bowl. We are barely past the 10 year mark and have been to a Super Bowl, 2 AFC title games, made several playoffs, had a league MvP, rookies of the year, offensive player of the year, and much more.

Either support the team or get the hell off of the bandwagon! I am sure Peyton Manning could use a few more whiners for his posse.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

a negative post complaining about negative people who complain.

oh the irony.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

:ha:

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i love my self.

5. vy102000

vy102000 Camp Fodder

Your being negative... and it worked out pretty damn good for Haynesworth, he's getting $100 million!!

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I have no problem with the moves the organization has made so far. Witherspoon looks like a solid OLB who can fill a need right away. He might not be a super stud who is going to be around for 10 years but he fills a definate need and was good value.

Fans gripe when we bring in a guy like Babin who has absolutely zero downside and who knows, he could really fit our scheme and with Wash coaching him make a contribution but there is no negative to it at all. The same goes for retaining Ball who has actually shown something with the team and with the loss of two vet DEs it doesn't hurt to have some bodies around to at least provide depth. If either of those guys fails to bring enough to the table when camp starts they can be sent packing.

Fans gripe because we signed Hood, a guy who played decently for us last year and at least is a vet who can provide depth. Again there is no negative because if he isn't good enough in camp they can just cut him loose.

Sure we didn't bring down the house. We could have taken a big risk and gone after Peppers, a move I might have looked seriously at if I'm them but Peppers is a guy up in age and who knows if he can continue to play at a high level and the money was ridiculous.

All in all MR is conservative but I don't think there is anything wrong with being smart over being stupid. The strategy of MR is to continually build through the draft and as long as he is making solid picks in the early rounds we will be OK. Two of those picks last year were Marks and Cook and there is no way we know at this point how good those picks will end up. Already we have fans assuming we could get a better player with the 2nd round pick we used on Cook (I could have predicted that) but maybe we should actually let the guy play first.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Being a Titans fan you know not to expect too much from FA. We try to fill our needs for the least amount as possible, and that's always not a bad thing. Can't wait to see Witherspoon on the field and Babin should be able to be a great situational pass rusher. Just give him to Washburn and let him do his thing.

8. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

We went 0-6 last year and missed the Playoffs because of it...and some noob from delaware is going to call everybody out for being negative??

• High Five High Five x 6
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We're Titans fans...

please inform us on what we're supposed to be so peppy about.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think that despite all the crying The Titans will do just fine next season...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar