SIGN ALDON SMITH!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

that even the very worst of players can turn it around. he's playing some good ball with CIN. he's a reason why CINI's D is pretty good too (Zimmer got some game from him). in the end, granted it took him a while, but he did fix his problems and bounce back.

it will also be interesting if Kenny bounces back with St. Lou. All in all, if Aldon doesn't go to jail and becomes a FA, I'd love to try and get him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I've never understood not wanting a good player because of character concerns, because besides a small distraction (usually the media asking too many questions and blowing things out of proportion) I don't see how it effects the teams play on the field, and the more playmakers the better.

Take a player like Vontaez Burfict. He had 1st round talent but every team stayed away from him because of "character concerns." Now he's an impact linebacker for the Bengals. Any team could have (and IMO should have) taken a chance on him in the 7th round and they would have had a starting linebacker for years to come.

If things with the player get out of hand in the locker room, they start questioning the coach and calling him out in front of the team (ala VY), or they get locked up you can always cut them. But there's really no reason to not take a player that can impact your team simply because he's an idiot off the field.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Character matters... and I don't want to win the Super Bowl with punks and sh*tty people. Although I would prefer it over no Super Bowl. I just don't see how adding a retard like this can be a good idea.

If Aldon takes a year away from football, seeks help and matures, then by all means I would give him a second chance at the right price.

He'll get a second chance... it just won't be with us.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Because *if* it gets that bad, you can lose them via suspension and maybe even picks at some point. From a business standpoint, you fill a team with ****** people, you are going to notice it from a $ standpoint.

5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Nobody gave a F%^$ about how much blow Lawrence Taylor put up his nose or how many hookers he choked to an inch of their life. 2 rings. Dominant player. Aldon Smith is in the upper elite category of pass rushers. Would take him. Give him a show where fans can call in and chat.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Choking hookers and doing blow is still smarter than what Aldon has done.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sometimes I agree with this, however, we dont need to go down that road. We have Phillips, Ayers, and Wimbley, thats a solid trio of OLBs. Now if we had no one yea lets bring Smith in, but we do so we wont.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah we only need guys like Jake. You see how that's working for us so far.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

There's no way he is not suspended for at least 1/2 a season; this is like his 3rd or 4th high profile incident.

No to mention there's a chance that he could get a federal offense for calling in a bomb threat; which is 3-5 years jail time.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea but my guy didn't get cut from his team did he? And unlike CJ Jake is actually good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar