Simplify things for Vince.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Two reads then look to run......but get your *** down when you do.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

No.

We're developing a QB for the next decade, and it's better for him to learn to be an NFL QB now rather than later.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You can keep moving things up as he progresses. Forcing him into bad situations doesn't help anyone. I agree with Brian, if they aren't already doing that.

4. NO! don't force progression on him, I agree with Brian, at the moment, simplyifying things is much better, he needs to do more of what he did in Texas, run and make plays...

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

OK, so I have been out-voted 3 to 1. I still think he's got to learn to make all of his reads at some point. And there's no time like the present. How many two-read QBs have been successful in the NFL? He's been fine doing this up until Sunday, when he was forced to throw every play. We all knew if it all fell on his shoulders he would make some mistakes. He's a rookie. And I ,for one, am not worried about his confidence. I think he overcomes this game and I think he'll play better this Sunday. I think the way Chow and Fisher have brought him along is fine. The only thing I'd complain about is his lack of tucking and running. He's gotta remember it's ok to make plays with his legs.

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

VY is doing fine................he needs a few playmakers.............I am more worried about the D

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think people are overreacting to his bad performance a little. i mean, i know no one wants a qb to throw three INTs in one game, but he is a rookie and we knew he would have games like this, most do.

http://titansradio.com/lstoneblurb.html

8. TITAN89Fan

TITAN89Fan TITAN FAN

I read, not too long ago, where someone said how Vince will do fine when this (NFL) game slows down for him. Well that really made me think. Every rookie says something about how fast the game is and I figure that statement made sense. No need at this point to rush the guy. Just let him melt into the game. It will be a fun thing to watch happen.

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

look at Alex Smith last yr to this yr.................VY likely will be alot better in Dec than he is now................and I fully expect 5 more losses in the next 5 weeks...............but what I am looking for is to see how VY responds when he is totally overmatched................against the Jags he kept on going and learning..................to me 06 was over with the Collins and Volek thing..................I say chalk up 06 get the youngsters advanced on the learning curve for 07........................

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I am perfectly fine with him developing his pocket skills. However, he should tuck and run for the sideline to get some yards in 2nd and 10 situations that he checks down on. It will open up things alot for him.

I'd like to see them roll him out occasionally also to keep defenses honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar