Sirmon Settling in as Man In The Middle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: LB Peter Sirmon has made the move to the middle and has put his knee injury of 2004 completely behind him. "I feel good," Sirmon said. 'I don’t know what my old self was, but I feel real comfortable out there, and I don’t feel like there’s any limitations on me taking a chance or trying to make a play." Sirmon missed all of the 2004 season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament early in training camp that year. He came back at the start of 2005 and though he was able to play in 14 games, wasn't as effective as he was before the injury. Coach Jeff Fisher has noticed the difference. "This offseason has really helped him. Last year, he focused on rehabbing the knee," Fisher said. "Now, he’s able to really dwell on the quickness and the change of direction and strength and so forth. He’s doing much better."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

If Sirmon is 100% healthy he may be an excellent MB in our system. He was outstanding outside before his injury and with a couple of new faces on the D he will get everyone in the right place. I really hope we look at Brooks from Virginia in the supplemental draft hes had some off field problems but is saying all the right things and Groh thinks he has learned a hard lesson. Hes big around 265, runs 4.5 or 4.6 is strong enough to play the middle and can probably be had with our extra 4th round pick. He was projected to be a late 1st or early 2nd in the April draft if his head is right he good be a steal.

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I'd rather see Sirmon teach Tulloch a few tricks before completely handing the starting spot over. Tulloch will provide nice depth and Sirmon is no slouch...

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the key will be how he deals with a big body on him every play.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sirmon and brooks...

My casual guess would be that sirmon will be some where between the outstanding player he was in 2002-2003 and the guy who struggled last year. I don't see him 100% back to the way he was. He will likely be an improvement on kassell and provides us with some nice veteran leadership.

We need more info on brooks and the titans will obviously have to talk to this guy extensively to know where his head is at. Fltitan's idea of using a 4th in the supplemental is interesting. Of course as most people know the pick used in the supp draft will count as a pick next draft. The benefit is that we get the player for a year before we actually use a pick.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

i would definitely use a 4th in the supp to take Brooks.

7. y not moses?? <-- he was in the top three for most tackles in a season the past two season he was at vandy!

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Much as I'd love to see him succede, since he went undrafted, we should first worry about him making the team before playing time...

9. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

cut pete and go with stephen @ MLB...

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Tulloch led the ACC in tackles, was defensive MVP of the Car Care Bowl, on a team that had Manny Lawson, Mario Williams and John McCargo... He's a player... Don't know much about Moses except that he parted water...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar