Six NFL teams are ranking Auburn's Cam Newton as the top quarterback prospect

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

How high do you think Newton could go?

I could see him going #1 (slim chance) and no farther than #16 (Jags).

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

First of all, you have to comprehend my statements. Nowhere did I say Tebow was a bust.

Secondly, I was wrong about Elway. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004301 Somehow I missed his clarification I just remembered his anti Tebow remarks which he apparently denies now. :?:

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

You know we do tend to win games when we have athletic, running QB's as our franchise QB right.

People need to stop seeing Cam Newton as Vince Young version 2.0 as the worse thing that can ever happen to our team. I hate Vince Young and I am glad we are dumping is overly emotional @$$ but when he was playing we were a winning team. No one can dispute that. Young's issue was the fact that he was a fricking head case. If Newton can give us Young level production w/o being a complete nut job then I am all on board. (If nothing else Munchak will GIVE anyone who cusses him out a reason to run out of the room.)

The reason I think everyone doesn't want Newton though is because how overly enamored we all are with "traditional" drop back QB's. The problem is I don;t think any of this year TDBP's are going to find success in the NFL. The TDBP's are Ryan Mallet and Cristian Ponder. Mallet is starting to look like Leaf 2.0 and I think he will turn into as big of a head case as VY ever was. Even if you discount the cocaine rumors you still have the sense of entitlement and stupidity to deal with. Ponder is in a different boat though. I believe that based on Ponder's intelligence and athleticism he could be a day 1 starter in the NFL; based off his shoulder though I doubt if he ever will. Ponder had questionable arm strength before he injured his shoulder and I now question wither or not he physically has the arm strength necessary to be a NFL QB. All the intelligence and accuracy in the world cannot save you if you can't throw the ball with power; just ask Chad Pennington. If the Titans are confident that his arm will regain it's strength threw practice and rehab then I am all for this guy.

(PS: I don't want Newton at number 8 overall. I would rather trade down and take him later in the first or go defense number 8 (Miller, Quinn, Darius, or Amukamara) and take Kaepernick/ Locker in the second.)

4. Volunteer Titan

Volunteer Titan Camp Fodder

I hope not. Do we really need to make the same mistake twice?

Truth.

I realize you saw what Elway actually said, but the other intangible is the way Denver LOVES Tebow. The local radio stations around here are all about him, and the gives the franchise a spark in an otherwise down time.

There's no way they let him go anytime soon. The fans run the team (read: they get what they want), and they would riot if the owners got rid of him.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not sure what to think of Newton. His quarterbacking isn't the greatest, but he does take over games, which I like. Similar to Vince, he's got the tools, but can he learn to use them the right way.... Footballs are faster than people in pads (something to consider when taking off on a scramble), if he understands that, he can be really good. If he learns to look DB's off or get LB's to bite on what he does with his feet, awesome, but for what ever reason it's not that easy to apply during a game.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With the Titans using a six on Pacman without doing a ton of background and a three on Young knowing he'd take a lot of time to adjust to the pro game, I would not be shocked to see the Titans take Cam.

7. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

There is no way in hell that Peterson falls all the way down to 'Sisco. McShay is an idiot.

Arizona won't go QB either... book it!

9. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

uhhh ohhhh

10. 24

24 Starter

That was pretty much expected. Todd McShay called JaMarcus Russell's pre-draft workout the best ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar