Six Reasons The Xbox 360 Is in Trouble

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Whoever told you that is foolish...

But that said, I don't think 360 is necessarily in trouble (no more than Sony is at this time), as it seems both consoles are having with a surging Wii and a rising casual fan base that sees both consoles as too expensive without enough appeal for the $$. Those are valid problems though, and that fact that 360 is on pace to sell as Xbox did is very troublesome potentially for Microsoft.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

PS3 costs less than a 360 with a HD DVD there.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's an article from a well respected magazine ... or did you miss the link ?

and I think it proved the point in point #1 honestly
    and did it even mention that the Wii was about to leap-frog it ?

mark my words ...... there will be no Xbox3
    Microsoft will get out of the hardware businessand focus their efforts on software and publshing ,.... ala Sega

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's quite a prediction.

I just can't see a two console race (Sony vs Nintendo) anymore.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Personally, I don't think Wii is on the same level as the 360 and the PS3 and shouldn't be the same discussion. Wii is fun and will do well, just like the 64 and will eventually be the envy of the preteen set, but it is a gaming system and nothing more. The other 2 are much better graphically and in the PS3 case (don't have 360 so don't know) it is built to be the center of your media system.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Therein lies the problem perhaps? No one wants a media center. Just a cheaper machine to play games.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I wouldn't say "no one". If you wanted to play games and watch HD movies, it would cost you more to get a Wii and a blu-ray player. My point is that the Wii is a great little game machine, but it has hit it's ceiling graphically and game wise. The other's ceiling is much higher.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I seriously doubt it. It's not the MS way, rather they're going to buy somebody else's technology and use it, just like they do with, say, MS Project/Portfolio Server.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

do you have your console laying flat or standing vertical ?

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

my reasoning to the prediction of no future Xbox console

5. It bleeds money.
    Microsoft has lost unthinkable amounts of money on its Xbox business. In the six short years it's been in the industry, the company hasn't made a dime. When adding the recently announced $1.9 billion losses incurred in fiscal 2007, total life-to-date Xbox losses are conservatively estimated at somewhere around $6 billion dollars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar