Six Reasons The Xbox 360 Is in Trouble

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well it probably wouldn't be a two horse race but if Microsoft drop out, we don't really have any evidence of another company bringing a console in.

I am surprised Apple don't get in the console race.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1. It's unreliable.
    True.

2. It only sells marginally better than Xbox.
    Stack up PS3's sales compared to PS2's.

3. A recent string of bad publicity.
    Uh...Ok? It's only competitor has had far more bad publicity.

4. It has limited appeal.
    Silly. If I want a 'media center' I buy things that support that need. If I want a gaming console, I'll but the thing that plays the best games. There is no liberating the living room media center. Wtf is this even talking about?

5. It bleeds money.
    I'm sure Bill Gates is losing money on a product he's had running for 6 years. He's no business man! With the costs of live, gamerpoints, etc etc, It'll once again make more money than it's competitor.

6. It still doesn't sell in Japan.
    And it never will. The Japanese like Nintendo and Sony. We're not going to sell them loads of Chevrolets either. It just won't happen. The japanese are an entire different market anyway. They like cartoon games and go crazy over Dance Dance Revolution. Give them a Rubix Cube game and they'd love it as long as it had cute images and trance music.

Basically, there was one good point out of 6 attempts. Just another biased report. When 4 of the flaws aren't as bad as it's competitor's in the same category, how would it be in trouble? lol

3. Deuce Wayne

Give them time. They'll release an iConsole that works no better than anything else out, and somehow it'll sell like hot-cakes just like every other gimmick they release.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That makes little difference. It's about X-Box struggling, not how it is doing against it's competitors.

And again, it's about the 360, not the video game competition.

X-Box as a whole barely made a profit. 360 is already deep in the red. Spending 6 billion on warranties because the product is a load of crap that keeps breaking is not going to make a profit. Ever.

And when did x-box even make more money than it's competitors?

1. Don't stereotype.
    2. Some of the best games come out of Japan and developers (Konami, Capcom, Square-Enix etc.)
    3. 2nd biggest video game market, they are a major major market and Microsoft would love nothing better then to establish themselves there.
    4. Your car analogies are getting old and pointless.

Comprehension is lacking I see. The article was not about how it stacks up against the PS3. It was how it is not doing as well as their previous model (which was barely profitable in itself) and how much money Microsoft is losing.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And I will also add they have an entire article on how the PS3 needs to improve.

6. Deuce Wayne

You can't say a product is struggling, when it's only competitor has more questionable faults at the moment. It just doesn't make any sense. You can't be struggling if you're the current best.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Its not the current best. Wii is whether or not you recognise it.

And both can be struggling. 360 is not doing any better than its previous model, just because is it doing better than the PS3 doesn't mean it is a success.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No, I'm arguing that they won't stop trying, even if it is failing and costing them money.

9. Deuce Wayne

Again, Wii isn't even in the same category as PS3 or 360. Apples and oranges. Kias and Porsches. It's a cheap little gimmick that'll never be taken seriously. It's just a fun toy, and will die far more quickly than either than PS3 or 360.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yet its selling like hot cakes and the 360 and PS3 are struggling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar