Six Reasons The Xbox 360 Is in Trouble

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

That is what I do buy consoles for games I want.
    And it's usually 2-3 consoles.
    But I get peeved at people who just say "all this system is this or that" and mis informed esp when it comes to what games for any system is coming out ..my big post just just trying point out more of the real status or what has been claimed by the companies and developers and what was announced and shush people on this whole "what if apple made a console" brought up in the topic..well now you know they did and it failed. ;)

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

The reason I purchased a PS3 was because I wanted to get something to watch Hi Def. DVD...blu-ray in this case. I probably use my console for watching discs more than actually playing games. But that is why I bought it....

3. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

I dont get it, i like 360, but why would you release somethin that you wont even see a profit from. Companies take huge risks releasin a console (microsoft can afford it), they lose so much money and will only see profit in about 5 years (depends on how well system sells). but microsoft loses alot of money and wont even see profits lol, so whats the point. I just dont see what they gain business wise, because it aint money.

4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Biether Sony or MS is making profit on hardware both lose money....that is why they need great games to break even and bring profit.

Nintendo always had a different business model ...they always made profit on consoles and games even the crappy gamecube they earned profit on by skimping out on tons of extra features in the hardware like HD DVD or DVD or HD and in this gen super high powered visuals as it's just costing developers and hardware makers too much to make these days.

Since MS and Sony don't have to rely on a game console to keep profits up(though sony was going this wth PS3 since PS2 and PSone were such a huge success and want blu ray to be the only format we use) I believe their goals MS and Sony is to fully take over your living room from TVs to computers to all entertainment living room takeover.

Nintendo just wants to make games for the entire family to enjoy..in a sense while no longer posted on the systems they never abandoned being a "NES" or "FAMICOM" (Nintendo Entertainment system and Family computer)

Gaming is so odd if Quality from lack of competition would stay up I just want one system to play all my games and have it universal like we do every other medium like movies and Music..too bad it will never happen. :irked:

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Puck, what chance did Nintendo take exactly? If anything else, they had a ‘we have nothing to lose’ kind of attitude. You have to realize that their console sales started going downhill after the SNES… the N64 was completely outperformed by the PS1 and the Gamecube did even worse against the PS2 (and even against Xbox for that matter) despite being proclaimed as the most powerful console by many. Do you see a pattern here?

Nintendo knew that they didn’t have any chance if they were to build another replica of previous consoles. No reason to believe that they wouldn’t end in third place yet again. I mean, their last console ended up in last place, they had no third party support and Sony and Microsoft made clear from the beginning that they were entering the next-gen with very powerful consoles. Nintendo had no business there and they knew it. What they did was common sense. They had to do something different, anything, if they wanted to keep their place in the console making business. And whether they thought that a different approach would have worked or not is irrelevant because the same old approach would have been doom for them right from the start.

And for your ‘no one gave Nintendo a chance’ comment, well sure, there were many doubters out there and with good reason. But at the same time, that gimmicky control scheme was hyped by many people… including by most, if not all the gaming media out there.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ Toly,

I consider marketing a console with a small remote controller and a secondary analog control nunchuk with no support for resolution above 480p as taking a chance

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree with the control nunchuk, but not the 480p. The Wii is more a 'kids' machine than adults, I am pretty certain they focused on the younger market, but like Harry Potter, adults are getting into it as well.
    Anyway, IMO, I don't think most kids really know all that much about 480p, 720i/p, 1080i/p

8. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

gah that is such an ignorant statement.
    Iwata as Newest CEO has changed the old stereotype as Nintendo is for kids.
    From the look of the hardware (cube looks like a lunchbox and N64 was shaped like toy also) ..Wii/DS look like slick devices that anyone would use,
    to having more M rated games to non games games for older people and of course typical nintendo games..reason why the control looks like a remote was the Philosophy of a non gamer would never pick up a 360 or PS2 or Gamecube controller because they know it's "some video game thing" but anyone will pick up a remote.

Wii is selling more to adults than anyone and nursing homes and even military bases(mainly helping them recover move ment been many articles last few months and most recent in PC mag) ...it's not just the motion controls...like DS it's releasing software for non gamers on the side with it's hardcore gamers.

Just about every Wii I have sold has been to adults for themselves from young to very old but to my surprise usually guys or women in their 30's and 40's or adults in wheel chairs and iit's for themselves....even though Wii is aimed at the entire family kids young/old adults.
    And it's not just where I live ..you stay current with the articles and find out it's like that everywhere pretty much.

When it's bought for kids by an adult you know because they have a list and/or act confused.

If some people would stop going by stereotype judgments and actually look into it they would be surprised.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Perhaps if you quoted my entire statement you wouldn't need to get into that rubbish you called a post.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

had a couple of buddies over last night for the game and i got to show them some stuff ... I started with Gears of War, then to BioShock, then to the PS3 for some Mtorstorm and Resistance

and you know what ? ....... the Wii was the biggest hit
    despite just playing Wii Sports, we were playing for hours and played several of the mini games several times - Bowling was the big hit
    these were men in their 30's ... having a blast .... getting a good drunk on ..... entertained by a "kids" console

It's not a childs toy ... it's a universal gaming machine
    I've had everyone from 4 years old to 74 years old take a spin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar