Skip Bayless Crazy to Suggest Vince Young is Better Than Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mentioning 2008 makes the case for Vy not the other way around. 2008 was the best team we had during the Vy era and Vince did not benefit from that. He was 29-17 with teams that were not as good.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

2006: Collins JUST got there, he played in the final pre season game and then started week 1. Cut him a break, besides, it's Kerry Collins not Tom Brady.

2009: See this was interesting because it was this year where I thought, "Wow Young FINALLY figured it out." I'd given up on him but was excited for the future. I thought, well if we can fix the defense some we finally got the QB we needed.

2010: Why did you list this year? Yea we beat Oakland but then Young was bad against Pittsburgh and then it all fell apart. Nobody played well this year.

Uh no, it makes the case for Vince Young not being that good. We had a good team in 2007 but Youngs 10 or so more picks than TD passes killed our offense which is why the defense won almost all our games.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He also had a 98 QB rating and threw, what? 2 interceptions?

It's pretty much what Fisherball wants.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

^^ Yea, despite the Fisher fall out Vince had the highest passer rating in the league before the injury. He was also like 2nd or 3rd in 3rd down conversions and YPA.

2010 was Vince's best year. He got the boot because of what happened in the locker room, not his play.

5. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Quit living in in 2007. It was his SECOND year. Sophmre slump. Hell his best wide receiver was Drew frickin Bennett and he was released.

You want to bring up Pittburgh. FYI, all the great quarterbacks have bad games against great defenses. How did Vince do against the best rated pass defense in the entire league, San Diego? The same team that has made Peyton Manning look like a rookie for years. The same team that just a year ago made Vince look silly. That's improvement people and a sign of work ethic.

Go watch our games for once before posting nonsense.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI Skip is something of a troll he doesn't have Lebron listed as one of his top 5 nba players. According to him the 5 best players in the NBA are...

.........Dwayne Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, and Carmelo Anthony.

He was the one who called the rift between Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Oh I would say his non-play (always injured) had a lot to do with it as well.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Skip is right

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Injury definitely had something to do with it. It ultimately lead to the epic confrontation.

10. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

This guys comments are a joke. He all but crowns VY a messiah that can walk on water back in '06, comparing him to footballs version of Michael Jordan...I mean come on...how can you take anything a guy like that says seriously?

And for all you VY homers, what will it take for you guys to FINALLY admit this guy is a bust? Once he's out of the NFL for good what will be the excuse then? Will you guys FINALLY admit he just plain sucked? There's 31 other teams and other than a handful most need help at the QB position. Think about...if he's is such an obvious superstar, and the ONLY reason he failed here in Tn is because he had been given a bad rap, how many of those teams would have been fighting over each other to grab him as their starting Qb? If he's obviously SOOOO good and the only reason he failed was because of Fisher, how come not one of the 31 other teams wanted him as their starter either? It's simple, other than the die hard VY fans, everyone else sees him for the flop he really is!

No matter what you say he had plenty of chances to be the "guy" and he cracked under the pressure every single time (quit on his team and wouldn't come back on the field in that Jacksonville game, the suicide watch, throwing his pads in the stands just to name a few...that doesn't sounds like the Micheal Jordan of football to me). If it wasn't for Bud having some blinded man love for him, he would have been gone a long time ago, I guarantee you Philly wont keep him around that long if he doesn't perform. I'm just glad we've moved on from the wasted VY experiment finally, let him be someone else's problem.

http://baleta.blogspot.com/2006/01/skip-bayless-on-vince-young.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060113

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar