Sleeper of sorts Jarron Gilbert

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LANGSTER, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I like Jarron Gilbert De/Dt San jose state 6 5 288, this kid can play and would be a great second or third round prospect for washburn. In the first round I want Nicks if he is there, he is the playmaker we have needed for years and him and CJ would be a great combo for years to come.

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

agree 100%

but i doubt gilbert lasts until the end of rnd 3

3. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

I agree that Gilbert won't last until the end of round 3, I won't be surprised at all if he goes somewhere in the 2nd round... a little earlier than people originally thought... a la Jason Jones from last year.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Jones is making Jarron Gilbert money this year. I too want a WR (or a CB) in one, but would love Gilbert in two. If he was Wash's guy, we should trade up to get him, or take him at #30.

Dorell Scott
    Chris Baker
    Sammie Lee Hill are all DTs I'd look at in 3 or 4.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Bump.

Uh. I think I meant Jarron Gilbert is making Jason Jones money this year. But whatever. No, that's not it. I meant Jones' performance is going to help Gilbert a crap load in terms of getting drafted higher. Okay. Glad I cleared that up for myself.

Anywhew, I saw a mock that had him taken with our first round pick. Well, I've seen more mocks that have us take Tyson Jackson at 30, so I'm probably okay with that.

This would probably take drafting them in two and three at best (maybe a trade down could work), but I'd be excited to draft Jarron Gilbert and Connor Barwin for our d-line.

Since I think if we draft another DE, someone's getting cut anyway, I'd trade Ball to Detroit or some team for a 4th/5th and use that to move up in a higher round.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jackson will be long gone by then he is really climbing.

Gilbert or marks in rd 2 would be nice.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jones is 6'5 275 and ran a 4.76 40 at his combine with 18 reps. He made the all rookie team.

Gilbert is 6'5 288 and ran a 4.81 40 with 28 reps.

Gilbert is bigger and stronger and almost as fast. A perfect fit for our system. I'm assuming those teams most interested in him will be the 3-4 teams as an end and tampa-colts and titans as a DT.

We would have to get him in rd 2 because there is no way he'll last until our third rd pick.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

He might be a perfect round 2 pick. I'm not real sure we need more help at DT however unless they really like someone and think they can supplant Tony Brown (who is in a contract year).

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Isn't that why we drafted Jason Jone and signed Jovan Haye?

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We could be drafting Gilbert to play DE as well. Could be a matter of simply best available DL and they feel they can find a valued place for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar