Slept on players of the upcoming draft:

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There are quite a few this year, so add some. I'll surely leave off many, but here are my top 3:

1. Brandon Flowers
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsMNyu77Ld8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsMNyu77Ld8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    Fast, hits hard, sticks like glue, and can always make a play. I've watched this kid for 2 years and he's been my favorite Hokie ever. He'll probably end up going in the 2nd round. Maybe late 2nd, but he's definitely 1st round talent. Somehow he's been overlooked for quite awhile.

2. Adarius Bowman:
    Somehow, I can't even find a great highlight clip of this guy. But he's not in top 5 WR talks and that's just insane. He's top 2 IMO, between he and Manningham (who is also being overlooked by mediocre wrs). Size, speed, and hands. The only knock is his attitude. Bit of a drama queen. Reminds me of Chad Johnson.
    But it wouldnt surprise me if an NFL team once again makes Kiper look dumb by taking this kid before anyone in his 'top 5'.

3. Tashard Choice:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Nnstylh2g8 - a leader in the locker room.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S0i5NOVLl_s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S0i5NOVLl_s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    Baller on field.
    GT being the college team I follow most behind UM, I've seen Tashard Choice since his first carry. I knew his first game as a starter that he'd be a beast to be reckoned with. He's the guy that nobody wants to tackle. He's the best back in the draft (all-around). Speed, Strength, Vision, Patience. He's got all. Reminds me of Steven Jackson. Word is that the Broncos want him. I'll take their word as well.

I'll let someone else add the kid from K-State.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

after the senior bowl, i don't think choice is being slept on anymore.

3. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

It's early in the year, I know, but I nominate this thread title as one of the oddest for 2008. If they are, in fact, slept on; hopefully the person doing the sleeping is comfy. If it's anything like AH, then I imagine it's rather like a bean bag chair.

Did ja mean "sleepers?"

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's what sleepers are buddy. Players that are 'slept' on. Meaning, overlooked. Underrated. Etc. Hence the term "stop sleeping on (insert name here)"

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

jerome simpson WR from coastal carolina
    dexter jackson wr from appy st
    ryan torain rb asu
    harry douglas wr louisville

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

dexter jackson is my sleeper this year

7. bosoxgeneral

bosoxgeneral Starter

anyone from UK other than Woodson

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Not sure I'd call Bowman and Flowers sleepers given they both likely will be taken in the 1st or 2nd rnd. I would love to have both wearing Titans blue.

Choice is a guy that will be tremendous value in the 3rd or 4th rnd. I love his vision to hit the cutback lane and speed through the hole.

I think that Zuttah and Sosa the OL from Rutgers will be great 2nd day value. They are a big reason for Ray Rice's great numbers.

I also like Zac Bowman from Nebraska at CB as a 2nds day guy.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

My #1 sleeper is Derek Lockey from Texas. The guy is a clone of Kasey Hampton he is short and really really powerful. He is also surprisingly quck in pash rush and really good a breaking down the pocket.

The fact that he is not even being invited to the NFL combines should tell you all you need to know about him. He will likely be a 2nd day pick in the 5th or 6th round but he will be a starter by then end of his 2nd year and a guy that sticks around for many many years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar