Small point: mariota should get fined every time he tries to run with the football

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

I would be more accepting of this if not for the Coaching staff; & the caveat that he can scramble to get away from pressure when everyone is covered. His scrambling adds to his threat. TBH. I think they should run him more near the red zone. We often stall out near the end zone this year. I've seen a lot of times that a QB run would've put 6 on the board for us.... Instead we run some gadget play; like a sweep to Walker. Fake a counter one way; and run MM8 the other direction. 9/10 times he is getting in the end zone untouched IMO. I do not like all the RPOs we are running w/ the offense. Simply because there seems to be no real pass options on the plays. MM8 seems to run it every single time. While I understand it is a threat the defense HAS to account for; it is also a shot Marcus is going to take. Near the end zone is fine. Most times he will have the speed to score w/o issue IMO. However, just to make sure the defense has to account for it is crazy. I think one of the reasons Marcus was so successful in the pocket Monday; was they did not think he would be able to keep from running.

When Whiz was here; he discouraged Marcus from scrambling a lot. I think the kid was great from the pocket then. He has already proven he can get it done from the pocket. I think he needs to be more like Alex Smith in a way. He has the speed & ability that you must account for; but stays in the pocket to pass most of the time. Marcus can & should be the same way. If he HAS to run to keep the chains moving go for it. If he has passing options; I would rather see him dump it off to the RB than take a big hit.

Most of his injuries have came in the pocket. So scrambling away from pressure is not a bad things IMO. I just wish Mularkey would not use it as such a large part of our offense. He has done so to such a large extent; that defenses are looking for it, so they can put big hits on Marcus.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

helllll no. he needs designed runs. 3 of his 4 injuries have came in the pocket

3. TitansWillWin2

you've clearly not watched much of alex Smith

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I got zero issues with the QB having the option to keep the rock if they see something in the D... but yeah the Robiskie :bs: can go

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

TBH. not much in the last few years. Maybe a game a season. However, I've watched a couple this year. He is staying in the pocket & passing downfield much more. However, when he needs to; he is scrambling away from pressure.

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I’d rather fine Robiskie for his play calling.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TitansWillWin2

and he can make great throws on the run. but yes mariotas potential is alex smith

8. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

Agreed....except when he gets a 1st down...or scores a touchdown...or escapes a sack....or....

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thread title needs to be changed to; Mariota should be finned when he doesn't audible out of a designed QB run"

his escape ability it a great asset he should use, I just dont care to see him hung out to dry on option plays as often as he has been..

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

100% this. The scrambling is a huge benefit, and when things break down, it a massive weapon. But these designed runs make me cringe every damn time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar