Smith/McKardell Smith/McCaffree

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bulluckfan, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

The two WR combos I listed in the topic are among the better seen in the league. Wayne and Harrison would be another. None of these players was lightning quick, but they had good hands and route running ability. I think Britt and Damian Williams could form such a tandem, if used correctly. These guys both show good hands (especially Williams) and an ability to get open. They will take pressure off each other. CJ will prevent teams from stacking against the pass. Cook up the seam makes this offense capable of being the next greatest show.

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it right now. I honestly think we have 4 great weapons right now, even without VY. If Young can improve as a passer and continue to be a danger with his legs, this offense has unlimited potential. It really is scary what the ceiling of this offense is right now. Our OL is among the best in the league. There is no excuse for us not averaging 24 points a game this season, is there?

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm with you on this one. I really am.

We don't need high potential WR's who can't get open and can't catch a pass if it isn't right in their numbers. We need great route running recievers who can make themselves large targets, catch anything thrown in their area, and get a lot of separation from DB's

There were times last year when our offense showed flashes of being elite. I can't wait to see this unit next year, especially after being remolded to fit Young's unique talents.

My starting offensive skill positions...

QB Young
    RB Chris Johnson Lagarrette Blount Javon Ringer
    WR Kenny Britt Damien Johnson Justin Gage Lavelle Hawkins
    TE Jared Cooke/Bo Scaife

dangerous

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I see starter written all over Damian Williams. He got it done in two big time college conferences, and should be able to come in nicely in Tennessee. I'm thinking a few games under his belt, and he's forcing the coaches to play him over Washington & Gage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar