Smitty's Week Two Colts Preview

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smitty46953, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unfortunately, I had to give them up due to time constraints. So here is my Cliffs Notes preview:

Our defense was great against them last year, but it's just so easy to give up a quick score to Indy. And our CBs are still very much untested. I do think our front 4 can put some pressure on Peyton and dirty up his uniform a bit, which is a change over the last few years.

As for our offense, I don't think we'll get a repeat of last week. We can run on the Colts, but not to the tune of 280 yards. Dungy is the guy who first figured out how to defend Michael Vick (though obviously with far more talent on D in Tampa). I think he'll have a few ideas for dealing with Vince this time. And I think he'll make Vince prove he can throw the ball...

It should be a close game. Last week was a big win for the Titans, but I don't know that it was a true test of just how good they are. Certainly our rushing offense was beyond anyone's wildest expectations. But we mostly dominated a terrible offense with no kicker. And VY looked terrible as a passer despite his presence as a running threat. Meanwhile, the Colts picked apart a team that was a favorite in the NFC (despite the Saints' obvious weakness against the pass).

I'd pick the colts 23-20.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

3. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Smitty I enjoy reading your weekly Colts analysis
    Like I said earlier I think this game's going to be a whole lot closer

This may sound like Captain Obvious but this game's in our house and the Colts have proven a bit more vulnerable on the road

4. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

what was wrong with Smitty's? It was completely accurate, and very unbiased until the score. He showed knowledge of both teams--which is nice to see every once in a while.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I always liked Starkiller's profiles of upcoming games.
    Even his cliff notes were good.
    I'm not trying to take away from your love of Smitty, everyone just has their druthers...

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

ROTFLMAO doesn't begin to cover what just happened with me and my beer... :ha:

7. fairwin

fairwin stop hitting yourself

Plus...
    Fisher uses Smitty's posts for GAMEPLANNING!
    Keep posting Smitty!
    It seems to be working for us... (sometimes)

8. Smitty46953

Smitty46953 Starter

I am kinda loopy BIP [​IMG] and I think we will win by 14-21 call me crazy but at least you know I will be back each week to take whats coming to me should the Titans win...

Anyway best of luck to everyone Sunday heres to a great game with no major injuries and Mannings jersey with no grass stains afterwards !!!
    [​IMG]

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

yep. cause he'll be watching from the bench all day while our rush offense dominates the game clock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar