Smokescreens

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Arrow, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Make your call.... Who do you think is the biggest, well crafted smoke screen? (And this can progress right up to draft day)

I personally think it's Laremy Tunsil.

Think about it, Robinson playing along with all the hype that we're taking Tunsil (remember 90% of experts said we were taking Leonard Williams out of USC last year....) in order to prove to teams that we are more than comfortable to stick and pick if the trade isn't there.

Thereby, bluffing by blocking Dallas at any shot at getting Wentz - and toppling the dominoes right along with the projections....

My only question is, how do you pull it off in FA to still keep the element of suprise? (Obviously if you're not drafting Tunsil, you have to snag a T in FA)

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The real question is when nobody trades for 1, who is the actual pick?

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Agreed most definitely. I think the Tunsil statement is a way to get Cleveland and San Diego to the table for a trade.... Cause if the Titans can bluff it and trade with San... They can still potentially get Tunsil..... It gets the Chargers GM thinking.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

JR going about this right way. I think he actually comes across as genuine to other GMs and FOs. Webster came off as doofus

image.jpeg

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Since we are not taking a QB, there is no smoke screen. It's simply a matter of how much other teams want a certain QB. I don't think there is that consensus No.1 guy at this point. Wentz has helped himself, but there is no Winston and Mariota in this class.

I am now leaning more toward the notion that we will have to pick at No.1, regardless. There is a good group of about 4 QB's who could go in the first, and I don't think anyone is desperate enough to move up to No.1 to get any particular one of them. If Wentz had run the 40 in the 4.5-4.6 range, I could see Kelly entertaining a possible trade. But his mobility is no better than Goff, Cook's or Lynch's.

Personally, I think Tunsil is better in the long run than any OT we could get in FA, so it might help us to stay put with that pick. But Mario Williams is going to get cut by the Bills and I'd be intrigued to see what he could do under Lebeau. I'd like for us then, to get some more DE/OLB depth by drafting Curt Maggitt from UT. He will be way under the radar because he got injured early in the season, last fall. But, he's got the size and talent to be a great starter in the league, eventually.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  6. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Awesome avi. lmao

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Romo having complications with his collar bone. Despite what Jerry Jones said, Cowboys ARE in the QB market. Be nice if JR can convince Dallas that he's willing to entertain "reasonable" offers. Not necessarily break the bank trade but at #4 we'd still get Tunsil. Same for the 49er- at #7 we'd get play-maker for sure and another 2nd rounder.

I'd be happy trading with either one of them for a relatively modest trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar