Sneaky feeling

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This off-season FA "Plan" thing that Fisher and Reinfeldt are executing is giving me a sneaky feeling regarding Fisher's future.

Does anybody know Fisher's contract status? I'm suspicious that the little or no moves in FA thus far and preserving cap space is Fisher's way to "leave the woodpile a little higher". Underproduction or a record less than 8-8 would also bode an exit for Fisher.

I realize this is crazy talk but is anybody else suspicious?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not me

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It does seem curious, but why would Fisher want to lose in his last contract year? His stock will be higher if he wins. I do get the feeling he will not be here next year.

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Huh? That doesn't make any sense. If he wanted to leave next year, he'd be a lot more attractive with a good season, not having gone four years without a winning record.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think Fisher will generate alot of interest/offers even if we have less than 3 wins next year.

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

agreed

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

His stock has always been high. Even when we were 4-12 he was still one of the best.

9. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Yes, Fisher if not on the Titans sideline will easily be offered a tenure elsewhere very quick. As far as making the woodpile a little higher, I don't think that would have anything to do with his departure from Nashville.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I doubt it..
    the over conservative stance Fisher is practicing leads me to believe that he is truely concerned about the team's long term benefit, and is working hard to avoid temptations in order to protect the team from falling into a salary cap crises 2 or 3 years from now when he is still head coach.

If he knew he was leaving next season, he would have probably pushed to get the best/most expensive FAs on the roster with no regard to what the long term consequences would be since he wouldn't be here to face the music when all hell breaks out, and would probably be on another team with a higher salary rewarded to him in part to the record his overpaid FAs have helped him achieve during his final year as head coach of the Titans..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar