So after 11 years of employment they laid me off today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

remember to have them take taxes from your unemployment check. Otherwise when 15Apr rolls around you might have to send in a check.

Good Luck. Being downsized sucks, but at least you get your arse kissed as you leave.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Sorry to hear this, BP. Sorry to get to it late, also. Best of luck, sounds like you're responding to it well and making the best of it. Keep it up.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hey BIP - been out of the fold for a few days - sorry to hear about this bro.. These events aren't always necessarily a bad thing - use some free time to do something you wouldn't have had a chance to do before and I'm sure you'll be collecting a new check just down a few more squares on the calendar!

4. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

maybe i'm sounding like an inconsiderate *****, and if i am then i apologize. but why would you post that on here? it sounds like you're looking for sympathy points.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This may come as a shock to you but I've made a good number of actual friends through this message board. This place is like a second family to me. That may be a foreign concept to you but is actually possible to network your way to forging genuine relationships on a website like this. I do think you are sounding like an inconsiderate whatever and I don't think you give two squats about being apologetic about it. You're just trying to get a rise out of me because that's just the kind of person you are. I share plenty of myself on this board and if you ever cared to look at it you would know that. If my wife was pregnant and be having a baby I'd have a thread going on about that because I'm real. I'm a real person who doesn't put forth much effort at all to hide. I'm an open book and if you don't like that you don't have to know me.

You want to know why I wrote that post? I'll tell you why. Last Monday I was hurt by the whole situation and I wanted to tell my tale so I could begin to let it go so I could heal. It's healthy to share ones troubles with people they care about and there happens to be a number of people here that I happen to care about.

Are you satisfied with that?

6. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

That's why we have the "Lounge" to post in. The post is totally appropriate for the forum because it's in an appropriate thread.

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Jay I'm sorry to hear about your job. I know you well enough to know that you're going to be alright after all of the crud you've been through.

Very impressed with Mrs. BiPolar's website and work. I hope to see her at the tailgate this year.

Seeya soon!

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Exactly what are these "sympathy points" good for? I may need to see about acquiring some :))

9. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

You're just trying to get a rise out of me because that's just the kind of person you are.

^^^
    bottom line, i'm not looking to make enemies. But you don't know the type of person I am.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Is that a threat, or you just using your pacman persona?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar