So, does anyone here know what Davidson County Jail is like...?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by onetontitan, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Sounds like you're a decent person just trying to do what you have to do, but ran into some bad luck. A lawyer could help you, but they cost money and want most of it up front. However, it would be a good investment if it saves your job and benefits.

If your car failed emissions, take it to a garage and get a estimate to what it would take to pass. Borrowing that money would have been a good investment to avoid the mess you're now in, but no sense in going over what you should have done. You live and learn.

I know a little about Davidson Co jail, the part they first put you in is worse, you're mixed with all kinds of crazies, but no soap dropping things to worry about. If you're staying more than 24 hrs you go back to another part where people are more settled, and don't usually bother you if you use common sense. You'll be fine...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's some big time BS. I'd go ahead and get a lawyer. There's always that chance that, with some solid lawyering, you could get out of it with a slap on the wrist. Just hope for the best. I know nothing about jail other than stuff they show in the movies which I'm hoping is nothing like its reality. I've never even been pulled over, so I'm not the one to give advice on the subject.

It really, really does suck, and I wish you all the best.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Davidson County, TENN? Because the Davidson County NC jail made national news a few times. Former sheriff Gerald Hege drove a hotrodded Mustang, dressed his deputies in paramilitary outfits, sought full prison terms for drug offenses and painted the jail cells pink with teddy bears to humiliate the inmates.

Then he got busted on twenty-something counts of corruption.

4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

It's not prison its the county jail. Sure is is gonna suck but really the best thing you can do is keep to yourself and don't trust anyone.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It might not be a bad idea to come clean with your employer.

Given the circumstances they might let you pool your annual leave and let you keep your job.Just tell them them everything.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There shouldn't be jail time if your license is just suspended. If it was revoked, then that's a different story.
    If It was suspended, you should have a court date- where you'll be given the option to have an attorney represent you. You wont need one if you got your license back. Show proof that you have your license and they may drop it off your record and all.

You'll have to pay court costs, but that's it. But how did this happen? If you were pulled over, they should have taken you to jail immediately where you could have made bail and then get stuff taken care of before your court date.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of experience with this one haha. Too many speeding tickets that I didn't pay = suspended license 3 times. More speeding = pulled over while under suspended license = me paying TONS more to reinstate my driving privileges only to repeat.
    Go to court the 16th once again for it. If I dont have my license back by then, then my license will be REVOKED (big difference) for a year. But it should be taken care of, and if I do... the charge will be dropped.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

All I know was a guy I worked with went to jail one time. Said there was a big Bubba guy in the cell with him. Said the guy tried to have sex with him but he fought him off.....as long as he could.

8. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Deuce Wayne pretty much said it right, you only go to jail when you are pulled over without license. If you don't bond out then you stay till court. You won't be sentenced to jail.

I got pulled over once for expired tags and my license were suspended for "finanical responsibility". I didn't pay a numerous amount of speeding tickets and didn't show up for court. I got lucky, I had my daughter then 4 years old in the car with me so he didn't take me to jail. Just had to show proof I got my license back before my court date and nothing happen. No fine no court cost. After paying all the old speeding tickets and reinstatement fee I ended up paying about $700.

9. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

You dont "have" to go to jail if you qualify you can receive a misdemeanor citation that allows you to book yourself three weeks from the date of the citation. But to qualify you cant fail to book yourself on a previous citation and you if you have been caught for the same offense more than twice you no longer qualify either. There are about 7 or 8 things that can disqualify a person from a misdemeanor citation. Receiving a citation at least gives you time to get your license back even before you book yourself.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

All you filthy criminals!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar