So, does anyone here know what Davidson County Jail is like...?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by onetontitan, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Murfreesboro. haha

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm letting a public defender do the work because he'll work just as hard as an attorney.

3. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Do you mean public pretender. They don't do crap. They don't care

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't know. I've heard mixed reviews on those guys. I figure as long as I have someone up there with me, i'll get a slap on the wrist and a fine. I'm just aiming for no jail time, and from my research, I doubt it will happen.

I already have my restricted license, so there would be no reason to take me to jail if I already have a license. I think i'll be okay.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Just don't watch that movie Felon until after you get all this cleared up :)

6. Volunteers10

Volunteers10 Camp Fodder

It's not about what they know, it's who they know. Paying for an attorney is worth it because unlike public defenders, they don't work for the government.

I hope you don't get jail time, but just how far has cutting corners gotten you so far? It might be wise to pony up some money for the real deal.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No one would be a public defender if they didn't care. They have an incredibly hard job, get some of the worst pay that attorneys get, and have to deal with a huge load of incredibly unhelpful clients.

It's pretty upsetting to me that Gloat, who could pay for an attorney, is hurting the system by clogging up a PD's time. If he's stupid enough to think he doesn't need an attorney, then he should suffer his own fate, and give the PD more time to deal with other clients.

8. Buck Nasty

Buck Nasty Pacman Smith

The PD should take care of it, especially given your situation. Don't forget, it costs the state money to house you when you're locked up. Expect a fine and/or a suspended sentence at the worst.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

A dated a gal who was PD and you guys are right, they are over worked and underpaid and the reason they don't act like they give a crap is because they have about 60 other cases. They are attorneys that makes 50k a year. Eesh.

Most of the time, the best deal you will get is whatever the plea bargain is. Going to trial will cost you tons of money if you hire an attorney and theres probably zero chance you will get off the hook in a trial.

The only thing different about the plea bargain is you may get a better Plea Bargain if you have a better attorney but honestly this isn't that complicated of a case and you will just have to take whatever is offered to you. Jail sucks but u know... if you go/or when you get out, maybe you can give us a report about the whole experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar