So is Gil Brandt a Texas homer?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bobo, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The last few years I've checked out Pro Day results, he always has a whole page dedicated to Texas. Maybe he played there? Or lives close? Or was bit by the VY bug?

Seems a little unfair that they get so much coverage. I'm gonna write a letter!!!! :grrr:

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I think he used to work for the Cowboys in some capacity, which explains his love of Texas.

Also, Texas apparently puts on a hell of a pro day...

3. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

It is one of the best pro-days in the nation, and there is always an abundance of first round material there, why would you think they wouldn't write about it?

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It's not the only big pro day with big talent. I didn't say it shouldn't be writen about, even the smallest colleges get short write ups for their players on the nfl.com pro day page. But why does Texas deserve far more than all other colleges for the last 3 years that I recall?

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

he worked for the cowgirls for 29 years

6. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

He's probably happy he gets to visit Austin once a year. Being the best city in the US and all.:ha:

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And he's supposedly buddy-buddy with Mack Brown

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Lets face it he falls into that 20% of the US population. a t-shirt orangeblood. :D

I think he has a ranch near Austin and naturally has much more exposure to the program and thus probably has much more natural information about them then he does about other programs. His writeups about all the Big 12 south schools is usually a little bigger than schools from around the country its not just Texas.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've never seen his pro day results for any Big 12 school as big his Texas writeups.

I guess maybe the old cogger doesn't travel much and only gets to that pro day.

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar