So is KB our WR we been needing?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

From the Fisher and Mike interviews, they seem to think he is awesome.

Mike said he is 1 of only two players that is good off the bump and run. Fisher said he is big and can adjust to the ball in any direction.

And they want him playing ASAP.

You think he will be the #1 WR?

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

It should be Britt at #1 assuming he plays well in pre season. With Gage at #2: he will be our possession receiver and Nate at #3 because he played so well as a #3 in pitts and if it aint broke. Hawk will prob rotate in the slot a little bit also so we can see his ability. Chris Davis, Paul williams? Finished. Unless we keep chris for punts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

there's only one KB on this team, and it's keith bulluck.

and to answer the question, no way in hell he goes past gage or washington in his first year. too many adjustments for rookie WRs and he still needs to learn the offense.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

More grammar down the toilet. Courtesy of Jesse..

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

We already signed a WR to field punts and kicks, and I would say we're not finished with drafting WR's. ;)

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Gage is good but has he been consistent all year? Im saying if Britt shows up in pre season then he should start. fast. He prob won't get past nate and gage but i think the lineup should be like that.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I was actually talking about Mark Jones as our punt returner... but anyway...

Gage was quite consistent last season, when healthy, but that's not the real issue here. Gage isn't going to be moved from his post. That's not how the Titans do things. He will stay at number two WR, the same as he did last season even when McCareins was sucking :grrr::grrr::grrr: at number one. It just so happens that the number one outside and the slot are open on our team. I'm thinking Britt is going to play on the outside simply because it gives him more opportunity to get involved with run blocking. I still think Washington could come up as a major part of our offense from the slot, as he did in Pittsburgh. Like you said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Britt is going to be #3. Washington and Gage are better than him. Williams and Davis are done because we'll draft another WR.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Why would Britt be a #3? First off you can't say Nate and Gage are better than a rookie when he hasn't yet played in the NFL. Eddie Royal was the Broncos best wr and he was a rookie just like Calvin Johnson was an instant #1 for the Lions. WRs can breakout their first year so you can't compare yet. Now based on their style of play it makes alot of sense for Gage to be a #2 because he is great catching across the middle while nate and britt can stretch the field and compete for a pass against good CBs. The smartest lineup the Titans can make is #1 Britt if he has a good pre season, #2 Gage, #3 Nate and hawkins rotating in the slot or for gage to add more speed on the field. Nate is a good WR but he was good at a #3. So why change that? Your position on the field doesnt make you better than the other receiver. It just means your the best at that spot. Gage is a proven #2 so leave him and Nate is a proven #3 so leave him. Don't change a working formula.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I'm just thinking that quite a bit of Britt's potential is run blocking. You don't acquire WR's based on their ability to run block, but if you do acquire one that can, you'd want to get him involved in run support. How many opportunites would he get to run block from the slot??? Washington is just as unproven on the outside as Britt. That's like when Minnesota tried to turn Bobby Wade into a number one WR because he performed admirably in the slot here. I'm not saying he can't play on the outside, but there's certainly nothing convincing me he can or should. Maybe that's just me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar