so it is now illegal to be stupid

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GoT, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  2. They didn't say he was arrested. It's possible the noise (I'd be making a lot of noise after that...) made a neighbor call the police.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ now that is stupid, but why pull a gun on something like that?

4. Possibly because he got out of the car. I'm not exactly sure of the situation here, but if you get pulled over for speeding (as an example), you stay in your seat.

It's generally not a good idea to appear at all threating to the police...

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Let's go a step further than just making stupidity illegal, let's sterilize the stupid. Well maybe not. We'd miss out on a lot of good laughs.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you need stupid people.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Please don't read too deep into this

You know if we did sterilize based on the intelligence criteria we would be on the brink of extinction. Plus, I figure if you're clever enough to get laid then natural selection must be a good enough process. Besides, there are way too many unpleasent jobs that must be taken care of in order for society to function. Do you really want some kinda super genius going through your trash every Wednesday? I don't shred documents, but I should. Could you imagine what would happen if everyone were super smart all of a sudden? Nothing would get done because everybody would be telling somebody else to do it until it filtered down to nobody at all.
    (it's just a theory)

-but here's some research for those interested.
    What strikes me as interesting in all that I have read and educated myself on this topic this today is that I, although intelligent:suspect: do fall into the category of "mentally disabled by heredity". Had bipolar disorder been diagnosed in those jurisdictions mentioned in the text, might I been subjected to the Sterilzation Act? Who is to say that the world would be a better place if I were not to procreate? I've got a perfectly happy, bouncing baby boy and my world is way better for him being in it.:)

Also, my station in life, although noble, is not for everyone. Some people are not cut out to work at a desk, others couldn't work as a electrical lineman. Some people can do calculus in their head yet cannot hammer a simple nail. I do agree with the majority, Bobo included - If it were not for the stupid ones we'd miss out on a lot of good laughs.

[​IMG]
    :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar