So much for going after Freeney....WOW

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

highest paid QB, highest paid DE, two WRs earning top 10 money.

2. That's how incentives work. They all hit the cap in one way or another. But they can be used to either delay a cap hit until the following year or use some of the current season's free cap space to create more free space in the following season.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Seems outrageous but..

If the average pay for the top 5 DE is almost $10M then a 6 year deal for $12M a year isn't that outrageous. He is 27 so unless he is like jevon kearse he probably will be good for some time. I doubt if that 5.5 sacks of last year will be typical.

I can think of just 2 Des i would rate as better than him. Peppers and taylor.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I'd throw Strahan in there also. Freeny is good, but He needs to play the run better IMO.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

career low in sacks at 5.5 last season, and yet he still gets the big money......watch when he only puts up 4 this season..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar