So Robaire may not play Sunday....great...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

According to the Tennessean, Fisher was not optimistic about Robaire's chance to play Sunday.

Who has Tomlinson on their fantasy team? They should be racking up the point this weekend...

2. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Robaire has shown an ability to play through injury in his career. I hope he can play sunday. We will definitely need him.

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

This has got to be the Russian's Hamstring Control Satellite conspiracy.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I, regrettably, am starting LT and the SD defense this week.

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I'm almost getting to the point where I want us to be blown out, for fantasy purposes :irked:

6. Uh, oh... We might not win now... :scared:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

gee some fan :rolleyes:

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I remember when losing to San Diego was a bad joke. This Titans ball club has to work through this. Just imagine what another draft and being able to use all of our cap # next year will do. The D is going to gain experience this season, the offense will grow under Young. By week ten we will have made gains in all 3 phases. I don't think we will have a great win total but maybe we will be able to hang around in some of the losses that are to come. People seem to be so upset, like they are shocked at the idea that most nfl teams hit a rough patch after making several playoff runs. Between 1999 and 2003 this club won alot of games. The 2001 season was lame duck but still respectable. Our Titans are going to pick it up, and even if we only win 4-6 games, it doesn't mean the team hasn't grown and isn't becoming poised to become a legitimate contender again.

Maybe Smith being out is going to force us to work on a 3-4 run package. The LB will need to be able to seal off the edges and have good pursuit to the ball carrier. I see LT getting alot of touches outside the tackle box. I see him getting carries inside and off tackle as well. Let's face it. LT does it all. (warning: ominious prediction) If you don't watch it he'll throw a TD pass too. As strenths go for the Titans defense, I like to think that we are going to be able to stop the run. I hope this DC of ours will play personnel to their strenths and not look at the personnel as a handicap to what he wants to do. This thread to me is about what swartzie can manage using an extra LB and one less interior lineman. We didn't look all that great with what we did in 3-4 but it was nice to know that swartzie browsed that chapter in his Defensive Coordinating For Dummies handbook. (That title reads two ways. :ha: I don't mean it as a knock on the players.):lol3:

Let's not overlook that fact that on his week 1 outing Rivers had 11 pass attempts. From a gameplanning point of veiw it sounds simple. Right.:yes:

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

nope. that means we would need creativity on the defensive side of the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar